Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Financial calculator?
Does anyone have one my wife can use until May?

She won't ever need one again and I have 6 different calculators from scientific,construction,calculous,etc etc but no financial stuff.

I'd compensate you for the loan.

Thanks in advance.

edit;
Links to cheapies is welcomed! Smile
I've got several calcs from college you can just have, CP. Not sure if they're the right models though. What do you need in particular?
Not sure,I will ask the wife when she gets home from school.
Most likely basic financial keys/functions.

Thank you very much.
Ive got a Ti-83 thats been sitting in my glovebox for years. Its not a financial calculator persay, but does have lots of features, so maybe the ones you need. Just let me know if it could help. 
No, no, no.

If she needs a "financial calculator" then only a financial calculator will do.

I have a used HP-12C that she can borrow, if you return it when she's done. I have another newer one in the meantime, but those calculators are expensive and I like having the backup.

The HP-12C is/was/is the most common financial calculator in use. Anybody in finance will know how to use one. I'm sure that the professor for her class will be able to instruct her in the use of whatever calculations she will be required to use it for. Getting future value, present value, time value of money type calculations are a breeze on this thing.

Give me your address, and I'll shoot it off to you.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
B-Dub Cigar Ambassador Wrote:No, no, no.

If she needs a "financial calculator" then only a financial calculator will do.

It's funny you say this.  I've had a similar conversation a few times recently.  I was explaining to someone that there are very few, complete engineering calculators out there, and even less as time goes on.  They all say "go get a graphing calculator".  No, the layout of those things is not optimized for "engineering", and something that isn't is just a pain to use.
Thanks everyone,no need for the calculator anymore.She picked up exactly what she needs pretty cheap online today at work through her work account.

Thanks again