Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally lost my CoRo cherry: distinctly underwhelmed
Last night I was at LCdH London and had a MC especial with some cognac followed by my first ever CoRo with some red wine.

Well, I have heard that CoRo's are the "king of robustos" and are really to be savoured.  My single cost me £17, whereas my friend's RASS costs him £11. 

Now whilst my CoRo was a very balanced and pleasant smoke, I do like a bit more power from my robustos.  All the time I kept wishing I was taking a slap round the chops from my Jan06 PSD4 or 06 RASS.  I was also thinking back to a Siglo IV I had from 01 that was simply fantastic.  Not quite sure what box code the CoRo had so perhaps it would completely transform with age - but then so do PSD4 and RASS.

At least in London, CoRo's are certainly not worth the extra £6 over the RASS, nor probably the £3 over the PSD4/  Perhaps it could just be that the "first time" it is not always as good as you had hoped? !!!!
It's hard to judge the CORO fairly if you don't know the age of the stick your smoking. I LOVE PSD4's but my two year old CORO is a wonderful thing!
I am also underwhelmed with my experiences with the Cuban Cohibas.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
Frash Cohibas are very nice, but not worth the price tag.  Aged Cohibas are a whole different story, my god are they good.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
B-Dub Cigar Ambassador Wrote:I am also underwhelmed with my experiences with the Cuban Cohibas.

have to agree here.  granted i've only tried a handful but have yet to go wow that's worth ~$20.

i do have an le from dave though that promises to change this feeling.
Mark Wrote:Frash Cohibas are very nice, but not worth the price tag.  Aged Cohibas are a whole different story, my god are they good.
Damn straight, kid! [cigar]
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]