Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethical Question
A vendor posts a price that is ridiculously under everyone elses price. You place an order, and then find out it was not only wrong, but if the vendor ships, it will cost him money.

Question: Is it right to take advantage of a keying error? Is it right to accept the product if you know the mistake is costly for a vendor?

Just wondering how many people side with me.
I would cancel my order then. Its OK if he made a mistake..but its also OK for you to then cancel. I wont insist on him giving me that price...but if he offers for this one time mistake, I will accept.
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
I am the first person to make things right. I returned a few bucks the other day when I got too much change for my coffee.

But I don't think in this case I will. This is different. It could have just as easily been a ploy to sucker you in. A retailer can afford to do the right thing once in a short while. I can understand if he had thousands of orders at this price, but if he had 1 or 2 he should honor his post. If he gets something he can't handle then simply state that demand has been so fierce he ran out of stock. But under no circumstances should he try to get more $.

That is my not so humble opinion.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:It could have just as easily been a ploy to sucker you in. A retailer can afford to do the right thing once in a short while. I can understand if he had thousands of orders at this price, but if he had 1 or 2 he should honor his post. If he gets something he can't handle then simply state that demand has been so fierce he ran out of stock. But under no circumstances should he try to get more $.

I'm with Skip on this one.  Pips kinda gave a version of it as well.  I think the retailer should honor the price is it's not a financial burden with thousands of orders placed.  He's not obligated to so you are not obligate to placing the order after the correction.  I know if it was me and the dealer made good, I'd immediately place another order at their regular prices.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Headley Wrote:
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:It could have just as easily been a ploy to sucker you in. A retailer can afford to do the right thing once in a short while. I can understand if he had thousands of orders at this price, but if he had 1 or 2 he should honor his post. If he gets something he can't handle then simply state that demand has been so fierce he ran out of stock. But under no circumstances should he try to get more $.

I'm with Skip on this one.  Pips kinda gave a version of it as well.  I think the retailer should honor the price is it's not a financial burden with thousands of orders placed.  He's not obligated to so you are not obligate to placing the order after the correction.  I know if it was me and the dealer made good, I'd immediately place another order at their regular prices.
I side with Headley and Skipper on this one.
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
I would not take advantage of a "keying error" if that was the actual circumstance. Golden rule and all that stuff.......:?.......Smile
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
Me,I would call the vendor and point out the error.Golden rule applys.
Morales......F*CK THAT!!!!  Of course I would take the box.  Well, that is of course I don't deal with the retailer ona regular basis.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Mark Wrote:Morales......F*CK THAT!!!!  Of course I would take the box.  Well, that is of course I don't deal with the retailer ona regular basis
And the voice of reason speaks [winner] lol!  I would  probably take the box. Golden rule applies but I agree with Skip.
Ahhhh, now I know who you are talking about Bob.  This is a tough one now since I do order alot from them.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"