Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ernesto Carillo Leaves General Cigar/Swedish Match
http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar/CA_Features/CA_Feature_Basic_Template/0,2344,2623,00.html

I couldn't find another post on this.  If someone else already posted then feel free to delete this....
[Image: CRA_ambassador_seal-smaller.jpg]
Join CRA Today! Click Above!
[Image: RobbieofCordova-2.gif]
I was shocked to hear about this last week!  I wonder what this will mean for the LGC lines that I've come to love so well but I'm also excited to see what Ernesto and the fam are able to do out on their own.  What have you heard from your shop owner perspective, Robbie?
macallan2 Wrote:I was shocked to hear about this last week!  I wonder what this will mean for the LGC lines that I've come to love so well but I'm also excited to see what Ernesto and the fam are able to do out on their own.  What have you heard from your shop owner perspective, Robbie?
There are very experienced master blenders under Ernesto who will theoretically remain employed by General/Swedish Match.  They have the knowledge and skills necessary to continue making the LGC cigars we all love.  The question is whether or not they will follow Ernie when he ventures off into his own endeavors, as they are very loyal to him personally, and not General.  I just got off the phone with my general rep and he was with two of his managers (which never happens, he is always out on his own with little supervision) and he said they were talking about this and he would call me back in a few.  I'll let you know if I hear anything that isn't already completely out in the open that I'm able to share yet. 
[Image: CRA_ambassador_seal-smaller.jpg]
Join CRA Today! Click Above!
[Image: RobbieofCordova-2.gif]
I've never been a huge LGC smoker, but those I have smoked have always been great smokes.  Personally, I can respect his decision, and wish him the best.  Anyone who has the courage to leave a well respected company to work with his family usually has what it takes to continue to be very successfull.  I have many times wanted to reinvent myself, try something new, try to be succesfull all over again, but have never had the courage, my fear for my families financial well being keeps me in the relative safety I have established, I definatly envy his courage, and can't wait to see what comes from Ernesto next. 
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
In reading the article it sounds like he is loosing all of his rights to both LGC, El Rico Habano, and EL Credito. If that is true HOLY CRAP!! What a decission it must have been to leave behind so much work. I wish him the best with his challenges to come.
BaileyCAO Wrote:In reading the article it sounds like he is loosing all of his rights to both LGC, El Rico Habano, and EL Credito. If that is true HOLY CRAP!! What a decission it must have been to leave behind so much work. I wish him the best with his challenges to come.
Yes but what ever he creates after this is his. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.