Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elogio cigars
Has anybody tried one of these cigars yet?

Hard to find review information about this brand on the internet but I picked up one of them at a local shop. They had a couple of standard vitolas but this one caught my eye:

[Image: 2011-04-20074942.jpg]

[Image: 2011-04-20075013.jpg]
Never heard of it. Let us know how it is.
--Mike
Looks great! An awesome size, a Nicaraguan puro, the band reads that they only made 3000 of them.

I also would love to read a review cause it looks delicious.
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
(04-20-2011, 12:15 PM)sergione Wrote: Looks great! An awesome size, a Nicaraguan puro, the band reads that they only made 3000 of them.

Indeed, I think I'll smoke it tonight and write up a review. Their website says that their master blender is Carlos Pereda Robaina (grandson of Alejandro Robaina) and their wrappers are grown by Carlos and his uncle. Only one way to find out if it's good!
(04-20-2011, 01:19 PM)buster Wrote:
(04-20-2011, 12:15 PM)sergione Wrote: Looks great! An awesome size, a Nicaraguan puro, the band reads that they only made 3000 of them.

Indeed, I think I'll smoke it tonight and write up a review. Their website says that their master blender is Carlos Pereda Robaina (grandson of Alejandro Robaina) and their wrappers are grown by Carlos and his uncle. Only one way to find out if it's good!

A Robaina makes it.....Nice!
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
I have seen and had a couple of Elogios, though not that line.

Doc would know a bit more - they did send cigars to his herf last year - a tasty limited production run that was packaged in leather jars.

I don't know what they are, but they look great to smoke!
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

Ok, I've had two of these Elogio cigars now. One was an Elogio LSV robusto and the other was that beast pictured above.

The robusto was full of flavor from the start, filling my palate with easter chocolate mixed with hints of roasted coffee beans at first toast. Flavor stayed consistent and pleasant through the first two thirds with even burning. The last third picked up in strength a bit but not too much. Flavor turned towards burnt caramel as the chocolate died off. I highly recommend the robusto LSV. Price range is around $7.

The Excepcionalo was interesting to say the least. On Thursday I grabbed that cigar out of my humi and headed down to a local blues juke joint and lit up while enjoying some Abita turbodog. The flavor profile was completely different to the robusto. This was a man's smoke which was devoid of anything sweet, chocolately, fluffy puffy, etc. It had a predominately strong tobacco taste with accents of hay. After about an hour and a half I had to set the thing down and I was only half-way done. It wasn't because I didn't enjoy the smoke but rather I had to go home to bed and get up for work in the morning. I was buzzing from the first half and the second half would have kept me awake all through the weekend. Although I did find this cigar to be somewhat boring to my tastes, the cigar got better as it approached the fat middle part of the figurado in my opinion. The band has 01/2011 typed on it so it is most likely a very young cigar still. I have one left in the humidor and I'll let it sit for a year or so to see how it ages. Price: about $14-15.