Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electronic Cigarettes
Not sure how many members here are cigarette smokers also.  I've been smoking cigarettes for 30 + years now at about 1 1/2 to 2 packs a day of regular Marlboro.  Been trying to quit for the past 2 years with not much success.  Quit for about 10 months last year only to go back again.  My latest attempt after another severe battle with Bronchitis had me down to about 3 or 4 cigs a day but just couldn't give up again. I started reading up on electronic cigarettes on the internet and decided to give it a try.  For those who have never heard of these its basically a battery operated device that gives you a dose of nicotine.  Main ingredients are Propylene Glycol, water, tobacco flavoring, and nicotine.  It basically produces a vapor that simulates smoking and gives you the nicotine you are craving.  It is not a tobacco product so it also is somewhat legal to smoke in public places also. I got to say this is one of the greatest things for a smoker I have come across.  You get your nicotine without all the harmful effects of tobacco cigarettes. Had mine for 2 weeks now and haven't smoked a regular cigarette in that time with no desire for one either.  I was just curious if anyone else on here is using these? 
I'm not a cigarette smoker, but I used to be.  I quit a couple years ago.  I have heard some great things about these though.  It seems like a pretty effective way to quit smoking.  It sounds like you are on the right track.  Good Luck........[thumbsup]
Im pretty sure Eric (admin) posted something a while back about a cigar version of these guys. I havent heard of anyone picking one up but it was the same basic principal.

My girlfreind was considering getting me one so we could watch games and races in our apartments and not stink up the place. I was willing to try it, but the $45 could get me some nice cigars so I havent ponied up the bills yet.

If/when I do, ill make sure to post a review, as well as the appreciation level from a loved one [thumbsup]
I have the cigarettes and the e-cigars....     can't keep the e-cigs in stock because of the smoking ban here in PA.    I had to turn off the sales online just in hopes to get caught up with the local sales.   Still have tons of backorders on them.

http://www.VaporCigarettes.com

and the cigar:
http://www.tbs-cigars.com/html/ruyan_electronic_cigar.html

Overall, the e-cigarette is great and a perfect alternative to smoking.   They are the same size and provide a nice hit of nicotine with every puff.   Overall, it helps satisify the smoker in places he normally can't smoke.   half of the crave is just having something in your hand/mouth and seeing the smoke.  The other is the nicotine.   best thing, you don't get the 3000+ other chemicals, tar, etc...

Now the cigar...that will NEVER replace a real cigar.   Its a novelty item which provides nicotine and a pleasant mocha taste.   Again, it lets you enjoy smoking in places where you normally can't.   Unlike a real cigar, it does not have any change in complexity or body.   For cigar smokers its really not the nicotine, its the experience of the tobacco itself.   That is where this device will never be able to match a real cigar.

To smoke one in a non-smoking bar is FUN because everyone is shocked.   Good too if you drive a company vehicle and cannot smoke in them.   No real smoke, no smoke odor, no risk of ashes or burn holes in the seat.   For $45, its about equal to 1-2 boxes of cigars.   Thats $.90 - $1.80 a cigar which is rather inexpensive to be able to smoke it anywhere.   Overall, its fun to smoke and that itself makes it worthwhile to try out if you are limited on where you can smoke.   It does taste very good and lasts a long time.

BUT...At home, I'm still smoking the real deal.
Don't think I'd want to replace my cigar experience with them but definitely the cigarette experience.  Been 2 weeks since I got it and 2 weeks without a regular cigarette now.  Of course if it broke down not sure I wouldn't go back to a regular for the nicotine. 
Hmm I might look into one of those for the wife.  She's trying to quit and Since she wont wear the patches she has and ends up being quite bit....... errr  at times disagreable.
Tongue

problem is she probably wouldn't use that either.  [curse]