Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
El Triunfador Mumcero
First off, I really don't do many reviews. The reviews I do write are nontraditional, being more about the experience I had with a cigar, not entirely based on what I taste/smell.

The El Triunfador by Pete Johnson is more than just a "winner" in my book, it's the damn champ.

Let me paint the picture for you...

Last night, like the last few nights, was hot as all get out here in Pa. The air was super thick and humid, and there wasn't a breeze around for miles. After the family went to bed, I went out to my summer kitchen to get some work done and realized that I should be enjoying the night! I ran back inside, grabbed a glass of sweet tea, and went right for the triunfador. Parkerplus(Todd) gave me this awhile back, and I remembered that I really enjoyed the last one I had.

I parked myself in the swing/rocker we have in the front yard and lit it up. From the first puff, I felt like I was home. HUGE plumes of smoke gently rolled out of my mouth and seemed to hang in the air for minutes, slowly rising and falling until they dissipated.

I detected some light, creamy leather, and fresh tobacco right from the start, which mellowed a bit towards the center of the stick. Only the slightest pepper was detected, and I swear at some point I tasted chocolate.

As I reached the final third, I was actually saddened that it had to end. I really enjoyed the heck out of this cigar.

If you have not tried this stick, please do. You will not regret it.

~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
NICE!
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
Now that is how you review a cigar. Sorry I missed your text last night. I was getting me some! I have not had a cigar since Vegas so its time tonight. Sometimes those great evenings by oneself with a great cigar make it life worth living.
(07-23-2011, 08:34 PM)US_Tank Wrote: Now that is how you review a cigar. Sorry I missed your text last night. I was getting me some! I have not had a cigar since Vegas so its time tonight. Sometimes those great evenings by oneself with a great cigar make it life worth living.

Ha! Well, THAT is understandable to say the least!!!! I'm going to reach in the humi tonight and try something that I have never had!

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
Excellent cigar. I only have a few left.. Bailey had one in Vegas.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
The original is a awesome stick.
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
Nice review!
--Mike
(07-23-2011, 10:24 PM)CigarJohn Wrote: The original is a awesome stick.

It is!

You hit the nail on the head Tim, great review!
Nice review Tim, Thanks. I agree good stick