Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
El Rey de los Habanos (Jose Garcia)
[Image: elreydeloshabanosjosegarcia.jpg]

had to write this up. thanks to po for sending me this amazing cigar in a bomb a while back.

i'd never heard of this particular stick, but seeing it came from the famed "rey" shop, blended by pepin, i was optimistic. hit me like hurricane. the good kind.

a lovely sweetness from the wrapper, balanced by a huge, round earth, milk chocolate, and leather body. copious amounts of smoke, which was never overwhelming, since each draw left me only wanting more. the key word i think here is balance. like a big piece of chocolate cake where each bite leaves you completely satisfied, but just a hair short of sated. always wanting more.

i've been smoking many well aged cubanos and padrons lately, and this humble little stogie just blew my mind. with no reservations, i'd give it a solid 92, as in world class. maybe it had some good age on it. i'm not sure. all i know is i'd kill to get a box of these, if they're still being made. just a perfect example of a humble looking cigar blossoming into bliss.

thanks to po, and s.c. in general. i was fortunate enough to receive an ungodly amount of bombs a little while ago, and this was one of those jewels i never, ever would have tried if not for the stellar generosity of the gentlemen botl's who rock this board.

if anyone has a line on these, please p.m. me. if they're long and gone, i consider myself a very lucky hombre for having had just one.
Now I have to smoke one. Im lucky to have one in the Humi and after this review I guess I will have to smoke it and give you my thoughts

great review BB
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
nice review.  sounds pretty damn good.

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
you might try atlantic to pick a couple of these up. i smoked one the other night, and that's where i got mine from. i know 5'ers on their site run about 22 bucks, but it says to call for box prices. worth a shot, and it is an excellent stick that is surprisingly reasonably priced.
[user=380]scott81425[/user] wrote:
Quote:you might try atlantic to pick a couple of these up. i smoked one the other night, and that's where i got mine from. i know 5'ers on their site run about 22 bucks, but it says to call for box prices. worth a shot, and it is an excellent stick that is surprisingly reasonably priced.

thanks, scott. i'll check that out.

sweet! just ordered a box. great price for such a nice stick.
Excellent review.  You don't hear as much about these or the Vegas Cubanas.