Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Egg Rolls and foods you've Never made
Well I ran out of egg rolls and got a wild hair. Now I know what NOT to do because it made 43. This was sooo easy because I figured out what NOT to do after I made them and hit Youtube.

I'll tell you the easy now before I get sidetracked. Go buy 2 1lb bags of coarse cole slaw mix from the store, pork, bean sprouts, onion, ginger, garlic. Saute onion and garlic, add meat until done and add ginger and sprouts, Saute for 8 minutes and cool. Add everything else and roll em up. Now THAT"S easy.

2 packs egg roll wraps
very small head of cabbage ,
1 LB of pork
fresh ginger
Sesame seed oil is the key
2 tbls garlic
small bag bean sprouts
toooo many mushrooms, 6 will do
water chestnuts you can do without
carrots for color.

The stuff

Saute veggies

Saute meat

I added a little smoked shoulder

add soft veggies

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

This step is not needed

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Wow T, so how were they?
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
You're making me hungry for egg rolls. Haven't made any in ages. Guess now I'll be making a trip to the store so I can make some later in the week.
Nice!
--Mike
Looks great T!

How did you cook them?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
(01-17-2011, 07:53 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Wow T, so how were they?

AWESOME!! They freeze great as I have tested them every day. LOL

Did you fry them up, or bake them? I have never considered making egg rolls at home, but that sounds good. Does the regular grocery store carry the eggroll wraps? I have a big asian market nearby that I bet would have everything I need.
I like smoking lightning
Bake?? I'm in the South Son!! We Fry everything. LOL Yes the wraps are at kroger etc. Next is to make a bunch of pizza roll hot pocket things. You can make wontons, crab rangoon, gyoza/Chinese dumplings. You can mix ricotta and spinach or mushrooms and boil to make very thin ravioli. Lots of things when you think about it.