Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eddie Ortega leaves EO brand cigars
He said he only wants to open 300 accounts, I hope Im near one to try his new blends.
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
(02-01-2012, 02:25 PM)sergione Wrote: He said he only wants to open 300 accounts, I hope Im near one to try his new blends.

Me too. I have always liked his stuff.
I like smoking lightning
Wow....big news. I met both Eddie and Eric. I actually played cards with both of them on two separate occasions. Both cool.....but Eric was definitely on the same page as me when it came to cigar profiles and such and mentioned how most of EO cigars were his blends and wouldn't let Rocky come close to fcukin up what they created! LOL
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007

"In 2010, Rocky Patel bought a 50% share in EO Brands, whose lines include EO 601, Cubao, Murcielago, and Mi Barrio (all made at Pepin’s My Father Cigars factory in Nicaragua). Yesterday, Eddie Ortega, co-founder of EO Brands along with Erik Espinosa, announced he was leaving the company and starting his own company called Ortega Cigars.

“I’ve wanted to do this for quite some time and now is the right time,” Ortega told Cigar Aficionado. “Eric [Espinosa] is like my brother, but I wanted to be independent.” His new company will be headquartered in Sunrise, Florida, just north of Miami. A buyout of his share in EO Brands is reportedly being finalized.

Ortega’s new website has already announced three cigar lines. The first, due out in March, is the Series D which features a Mexican San Andreas maduro wrapper around Nicaraguan binder and filler tobaccos.

Ortega also announced two other lines, Brotherhood and Aftershock, but details were hard to come by. To get some information on the other lines, I touched base with Eddie to see what he is planning.

As for Brotherhood, Ortega tells me he doesn’t have the blend yet, but plans to soon. “I just wanted to start promoting the project because it is for a great cause. Want to somehow help out our military heroes and their family? Fifty percent of all profits will be donated to some of the organizations that help the our military men and their families,” Ortega told me. He also said that Aftershock is also still in development.

He also said he plans to keep his company small. He says he already has 100 accounts lined up and wants to limit it to around 300 stores. “I don’t want to open a zillion accounts…just good retailers that support the product and I them. That would be cool with me.”

If that happens, he told me he might not even attend the annual IPCPR Trade Show where new cigar companies usually go to promote their brand and open new accounts. At the moment he is handling his own distribution, but he’s “in talks with a couple of distributors, but only to distribute to certain areas in the country.”

The Series D is being made at the My Father Cigars factory in Nicaragua, which is run by the Pepin family, his longtime collaborators at EO Cigars. As for future lines, he said he was “planning to make some brands with other factories.”

Ortega described the Series D as an “awesome blend…We are using some fillers from Jalapa and Esteli that are crazy good and help create a profile that is full-bodied with lots of spice, flavor, and aroma. I know the consumer will love this one!” "
Finally here!...:-) My friend Joe M told me about the forum a while ago and been meaning to join for a while just kept forgetting. Glad to be here.

I'd like to thank everyone for all the good wishes. I plan to make this forum one of my regular stops during my morning discovery tours through the internet..:-)

-regards

Eddie
Good to see you here
(02-13-2012, 04:43 PM)eddieortega Wrote: Finally here!...:-) My friend Joe M told me about the forum a while ago and been meaning to join for a while just kept forgetting. Glad to be here.

I'd like to thank everyone for all the good wishes. I plan to make this forum one of my regular stops during my morning discovery tours through the internet..:-)

-regards

Eddie

Wow you made it Eddie ...........
Eddie go the introduction and introduce yourself not that you need a introduction it's so everyone knows your here