Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dupont X-Tend
[user=102]Parkster[/user] wrote:
Quote:I'm still torn between a Ligne 1 or Ligne 2 and the X-Tend. Do the Ligne models gently set flame to your cigar and the X-Tend model torches it? I'm not sure I need the windproof feature that seems to be high on the spec sheet for the X-Tend, I have found that the blast from a torch lighter can sometimes set the oils ablaze and interfere with the taste, then again, the torch type are second to none for touching up and saving a possible death run down a premium stick.

I like the old world look and the character of the Ligne line, but I also like how smooth the X-Tend line seem to be ..... its a tactile thing here folks, so bear with me.

Any experiance you guys may have would be a great help as the prices are close enough for me to give serious concideration between each of them since I see this as a one time purchase.

[cigar]

The X-tend is definitely the least expensive to the Dupont line.   The Line 2's start at about $415 (with your Cigarmony discount Cool) and go up from there.  The Line 1 (which is smaller than the Line 2) starts around $300 (with your Cigarmony discount Cool) and go up depending on the finish.  There is also a Gatsby model.

They are all essentially the same for the exception of height and thickness differences.  All are soft flamed lighters and are available with the dual cigar flame (2 jets instead of one - better for cigar lighting).

I prefer the Line 2 above all because it holds more fuel and has a heartier feel to it.

Hope this helps!

~Mark

ps - if there is a model you have in mind, shoot me an email and I will hook with you the best price availabe...anywhere Smile
Cheers Mark, I also hane not forgot about my pucks, sizes will follow shortly.

Dave.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
All done here.

A big thanks to N2A for hooking me up with a great deal, Mark for his kind offer as usual and the rest of you reprebates for your 2 cents worth, it all helps you know.

I now wait with baited breath ...... pics will follow. Tongue
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Congrats Dave, lood forward to the pics Big Grin
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
PO Wrote:Congrats Dave, lood forward to the pics Big Grin

me too. Lood forward...

Tongue
So which model ST Dupont lighter did you go with? Any pics, if you ended up getting one what do you think?
Keith Wrote:So which model ST Dupont lighter did you go with? Any pics, if you ended up getting one what do you think?

Just arrived and is headed out asap.

Dave got the Gatsby Vertical Lines Silver Plated (18137)

Looks SWEET!

~Mark
Oh man I cant wait.

Mrs P and my daughter are giving the lighter to me for Christmas, so even though it arrives soon, I wont see it until I get back from Baku in three weeks or until Christmas day if Mrs P wraps it before I get back.

Cheers again Mark.

Cool
N2Advnture Wrote:Just arrived and is headed out asap.

Looks SWEET!

~Mark
is that an "X-Tend"?
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
N2Advnture Wrote:Just arrived and is headed out asap.

Looks SWEET!

~Mark
is that an "X-Tend"?

No, it's the Gatsby Vertical Lines Silver Plated (18137) Big Grin

The X-tends are here:

http://www.cigarmony.com/store/product_i...cts_id=490

~Mark