Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual Sport Motorcycle Riding
One of my great passions is motorcycle riding. In particular, I ride a dual sport motorcycles. For those unfamiliar, a dual-sport is a type of street-legal motorcycle that is designed for both on and off-road use. I grew up in the foothills of Tucson Arizona riding dirt bikes. Once I was old enough to drive the lure of four wheels left my YZ250 idle. When I met my wife, she basically laid out a no motorcycle rule, as her brother was in a life altering accident involving a motorcycle, although he was not the rider.

Years past, and the older I grew the more draw came back to riding. Somewhat suddenly, my wife gave me the thumbs up on getting a dual sport bike when i broached the forbidden topic. I could not get to the dealer fast enough and bought myself a new 2010 Yamaha WR250R. The past couple of years have been awesome. I slowly got more into road riding on the bike, as it took me time to get past my old train of thought from dirt bike riding. What I mean by that is that when I was a kid, I was not street legal, so I always rode on the street like I was in fear for my life being chased by the police, rule one being never look back. Anyway, I have learned to love street riding as well, but the ability to ride between dirt destinations is the best. I have made a ton of friends around the southeast through riding.

Are there other dual sport riders on the board? I would be shocked to stand alone on this topic.

[Image: DSC00003.JPG]

My Bike

--Easy

"If there are no cigars in Heaven, I shall not go." --Mark Twain
I ride, but I am strictly street....on my cruiser. Smile
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
(08-23-2012, 08:50 PM)Domniomaestro Wrote: I ride, but I am strictly street....on my cruiser. Smile

Same here, strictly a street guy