Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dry Boxing?

Gentlemen, I would very much like some help on dry boxing. I plan on using the box pictured below. I have used it as a small humi and it holds wonderfully. I have two nice 50ct humis that work great but I dont think I would want to dry box that many at a time.
When you dry box, do you use any humidification at all and how many sticks do you normally put in at a time? If you do use humidification in it, what rh do you shoot for?

[Image: getDynamicImage.aspx?path=RJ-01-151E.jpg...height=220]

Branden

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi
I generally will pull cigars I am going to smoke out of the humidity an hour or so before I smoke.
--Mike
Wait you said Hot Boxing right? I could have sworn that's what the title said LMAO
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
(09-24-2011, 10:43 AM)wtfdic Wrote: I generally will pull cigars I am going to smoke out of the humidity an hour or so before I smoke.

Why?
Computer Problems? Have Cigars? We got you!

We will be offering our services for a box of cigars to all Stogiechat members!

www.va-itsolutions.com
info@va-itsolutions.com
(09-24-2011, 10:43 AM)wtfdic Wrote: I generally will pull cigars I am going to smoke out of the humidity an hour or so before I smoke.

Thats what Ive always done. I guess Ive read to much where people say they dry box them and was curious. Thank you for the honest answer.
Branden

Vince Lombardi
I'm thinking dry boxing is meant to allow a few sticks to stabilize if your humi is holding a little high. Instead of trying to adjust your whole box, you segregate a few days worth smokes into a dry box(no humidity) and see if they smoke better a little less humid....
When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.
Steven Wright
(09-24-2011, 03:33 PM)erikfig Wrote:

Why?

To allow them to become acclimated to the current enviroment
--Mike
(09-25-2011, 10:26 AM)wtfdic Wrote:
(09-24-2011, 03:33 PM)erikfig Wrote:

Why?

To allow them to become acclimated to the current enviroment

Good to know, thanks.
Computer Problems? Have Cigars? We got you!

We will be offering our services for a box of cigars to all Stogiechat members!

www.va-itsolutions.com
info@va-itsolutions.com
I find the box much more enjoyable when it is wet
I like smoking lightning
(09-25-2011, 09:12 AM)SJS Wrote: I'm thinking dry boxing is meant to allow a few sticks to stabilize if your humi is holding a little high. Instead of trying to adjust your whole box, you segregate a few days worth smokes into a dry box(no humidity) and see if they smoke better a little less humid....

Never had any problems with my boxes running high but that makes perfect sense. I will just keep using it as a desk top humi as I have been.
Branden

Vince Lombardi