Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dropped my V-cutter... grrrrrr
Thought I'd pick up a v cutter. Got the Wolf SS Solingen. Was able to get a couple nice cuts then I dropped it on the kitchen floor. The freakin' handle popped right off. Two tiny plastic pins holding the handle together snapped off. What a waste! So....you get what you pay for? Should have spent $20 for a better one instead of $13 for what I though was a pretty good cutter. (Listen to the Mum!!!) (OR don't drop your cutter)Nonono
Freakin' ray of sunshine, ain't I.
I always listen to wise men!!! Mum included!!!
"Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace."
Raul Julia

R.I.P: Angel F. Tamame, Deb Krekovich, John Axisa, Jr.
geez Bob and your suppose to be the wise one..

We will have to talk about that when we meet in Seattle..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
That sucks....sorry to hear it Bob Sad
This is my boomstick!
(04-12-2010, 01:27 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: geez Bob and your suppose to be the wise one..

I'm allowed a senior moment or two... just like you. :o)
Freakin' ray of sunshine, ain't I.
(04-12-2010, 01:32 PM)Bobgun Wrote:
(04-12-2010, 01:27 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: geez Bob and your suppose to be the wise one..

I'm allowed a senior moment or two... just like you. :o)

HAHA, so this is what I got to look forward to when I'm OLD Smile HAHA JUST KIDDING GUYS.

Sorry to hear about the v-cutter being gone. If it makes you feel any better I lost mine over a year ago.
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
That sucks Bob. I know how you feel, I dropped my Xikar the day after I got it and it exploded. I recently picked up the v cutter from Famous that Jimmie recommends. I havent used anything else since!!
I like smoking lightning
i know those wolf cutters are somehow affiliated with xikar. maybe you can talk to them and get it replaced? or talk to wolf? i don't know, i have one myself and have not been too impressed with it. what did you think of it before it broke? i can barely get mine to cut through the cap. it just take a tiny little nick out of the cigar, sometimes i have to do it twice just to get through the cap.
remember that group buy we did here for that tripple blade scissor cutter? I open the box, cut a cigar put it down at the edge of a table, it fell and broke. Lasted all of 17 minutes. That's about a buck a minute.
(04-12-2010, 11:04 PM)scott81425 Wrote: i know those wolf cutters are somehow affiliated with xikar. maybe you can talk to them and get it replaced? or talk to wolf? i don't know, i have one myself and have not been too impressed with it. what did you think of it before it broke? i can barely get mine to cut through the cap. it just take a tiny little nick out of the cigar, sometimes i have to do it twice just to get through the cap.

This is the inherent problem with the "regular" V Cutters is that it just makes a straight V cut across the cap. A Cat's Eye V Cut is different in that it cuts deeper into the cap like a "cats eye"...hence the name. A straight cut only shaves off the portion from where you want the cut...the Cats Eye will start at the edge and then dip into the head and come out on the other side like it started. I love this cut on every type of cigar and it's great on torpedos or any other type of cigar with a tapered head. A good Cats Eye cutter is going to cost you but you get what you pay for with this style.