Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Double Review: A. Fuente Hemingway Signature
Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature Cameroon[/b][/b]
[/b]Dominican Republic
Perfecto
6 x 47

One of the more interesting cigar shapes you will find on the market.  This cigar pretty much looks like a standard parejo, until you get down to the foot, where it tapers into, what looks like, a nipple.  This cigar has a bit of a rustic looking Colorado brown wrapper that has really fine tooth on the surface.  It also appears the roller used a bit too much glue when forming the foot on this cigar, but it does not affect the flavor or burn one bit.

Lighting this cigar is as simple as it gets.  It’s as easy as lighting a cigarette.  The only drawback I find, sometimes, with the tapered foot is that sometimes the draw starts off a bight tight, but it opens up nicely once you burn it past the tapered part.  I also find the same problem with other Hemingway series cigars as well.

The cigar starts out with some nice medium bodied tobacco flavors.  Right away, I notice the nice sweetness with a very subtle touch of spice, due to the Cameroon wrapper.  It has a nice, slightly earthy background flavor which compliments the sweetness very nicely.  The flavor leaves a nice mildly spicy sweetness on the palette

As the cigar burns, the amount of spice picks up but it remains nominal.  The earthy tones come out a bit more as well.  I also notice a subtle flavor, of what reminds me of coconut.  I don’t know why, but it does.  The favor remains smooth throughout, but becomes somewhat bitter towards the very end.

The cigar burned evenly, with a nice, firm grayish white ash.  The draw was perfect once it got past the tapered foot.  This cigar would be classified as medium in flavor and strength.  I prefer these in the afternoon or after a light meal.

This cigar is probably in my top 3 favorites for non-Cuban cigars.  Always consistent, and I’ve smoked many of these, they have never disappointed.  At around $7 a cigar, and more abundant than its maduro coated brother, they are definitely worth a try, especially for you Cameroon wrapper lovers.
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature Maduro
[/b]Dominican Republic
Perfecto
6 x 47

One of my all time favorite cigars has to be the Hemingway Signature.  This variation of the cigar has a Connecticut broadleaf maduro wrapper instead of the normal Cameroon wrapper.  It is a limited variation and usually released around Father’s Day and the Christmas holiday season.

This cigar has a dark maduro wrapper that is somewhat rustic looking.  If you’re not familiar with the Hemingway series shape, this cigar has a rounded cap with a tapered foot coming to a point, which makes it look like a nipple.  It makes lighting this cigar very, very easy.

Upon lighting, the flavor comes in pretty quickly.  I notice the effect of the maduro wrapper.  The sweet maduro tobacco taste, a flavor of semi-sweet chocolate is noted, present, but not overpowering, slightly cedary with nice medium to medium-full bodied tobacco flavors. A very smooth flavor with no hint of spice at all.  It leaves a nice bittersweet cocoa essence on the palate.

As I smoke the cigar down, I can really taste the maduro wrapper.  A sweet rich flavor, that compliments the Hemingway blend nicely.  Very similar to what I tasted with the Oliva Grand Maduro cigars I have had.  The blend is strong enough for a nice flavor, but not overpowering where it masks the true maduro flavor.

The draw is perfect and the burn is razor straight, leaving a nice firm grayish white ash.  I would say this cigar is medium-full in flavor and medium in strength.  The cigar was never overpowering, but strong enough to enjoy after a meal.

I paid around $10 for this cigar, and it was very enjoyable.  I  recommend this cigar, especially to fans of maduro cigars.

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

To compare the two, I would say the maduro is stronger and probably smoother in flavor.  Both smoked equally as well.

So as to which one I liked better?  I would have to say the Cameroon.  I like the sweet flavor with touch of spice better, but the maduro is a very good change of pace every now and then.

And just so you know, I didnt smoke both cigars at the same time Wink

Thanks for yet another great review Mike.

Question on the glue though. I have picked up several Hemingway singles and one box of the Signatures and almost everyone of them had glue on them. Some were just small amounts but several had full fingerprints all over the cigars (box was ordered or I would not have purchased). You're right in the fact that it does not appear to be detrimental to smoking but astetically it is very distracting.

WTF! Where is QC!
Great reviews Mike! I love the Cameroon ones but the Maduros are almost to good to be true Smile
Another great review Mike, thank you.
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
great reviews, mike. i like all the hemi's, especially the maduros, which are remarkably smooth and deliver that pure dark chocolate flavor.
both are reat reviews Mike.
Both are favs of mine.
I like the natural in the morning and the maduro afternoon/night time.
Thanks for the review.
Nice reviews Mike. Thanks for the comparisons. I'd like to see more side-by-side comparisions like yours.

The Hemingway is rock solid in construction and so consistent from cigar to cigar and batch to batch. A great smoke.

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com