Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don Carlos

For my money, I think the DC #3 is the most Cuban tasting of any non-Cuban cigar sold period. It even smells like one. Great quality, consistency, taste, burn, draw, from start to finish.
I love the DC #3 its my favorite out of the whole line.....I would not personally classify it as "cuban" tasting but there are some very nice full flavors to be had. Skip if you have not already tried the Tatuaje line I would pick some up.......now thats a Cuban tasting non-cuban lol.
I keep saying I need to go back and revisit these.  They just never did anything for.  Skip just put me straight again so I'm going to seek these out.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
I just tried this cigar(actually had the robusto) for the first time yesterday.  I really liked the flavor.  I liked it more than the Hemingway line, seemed richer and more full bodied.
Tfire136 Wrote:I love the DC #3 its my favorite out of the whole line.....I would not personally classify it as "cuban" tasting but there are some very nice full flavors to be had. Skip if you have not already tried the Tatuaje line I would pick some up.......now thats a Cuban tasting non-cuban lol.
I had cigars form the first ever Tatuaje batch to reach NY. OK Cigars had a short but exclusive on the line and I was there when he unpacked them about 2 years ago. It is a great cigar. But still the DC #3 has something extra...
Im with skip on this one!! The Don Carlos has a little something extra!!
The Don Carlos line is great.  The #2 is a great torp.
Is the don carlos thrown in the Sun grown grown catagory, or does it have it's own wrapper?
SaL Wrote:Is the don carlos thrown in the Sun grown grown catagory, or does it have it's own wrapper?
Its a Cameroon wrapper
ahh I see now on the fuente ref thread.

For me its the 858 Sun Growns when I can find em.