Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dominican to Host Cigar Festival
From the Davidoff website:

First Annual Pro Cigar Festival

The Dominican Republic is known throughout the world as “Cigar Country”. This year, the members of ProCigar (a consortium of some of the finest manufactures from the Dominican Republic) are hosting the First ProCigar Festival. It will offer a select number of guests the opportunity to tour several cigar factories in the Dominican Republic, meet manufacturers, see tobacco fields, and better understand the art and passion that goes into premium cigars. The dates of the festival are March 4-8, 2008. Davidoff of Geneva, New York will be organizing a group of 30 customers to attend this special inaugural event. Please mark the dates on your calendar. More detailed information will follow!!!

Looks like the Dominican is trying to have their own annual festival much like they do in Cuba.  Could be interesting.  I'll try to follow this and provide info as it becomes available.  I've already thrown my name in the hat as wanting to go.  Who's with me?
This sounds like alot of fun!  Where in the D.R. is it?
http://www.procigar.org/index.php

Hey guys, just wanted to let y'all know I found this website with all the info about this upcoming festival.  I will not be making it this year but hope to in the future!
wow

[Image: Cigar-Brands.jpg]

Fuente is conspicuously absent
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:wow

[Image: Cigar-Brands.jpg]

Fuente is conspicuously absent
I found that interesting too skip.  You'd think you'd make sure you had them involved before trying to hold a festival like this.  Apparently they felt they could make a go of it without the big dogs being involved.  Kinda seems like going to the one in Cuba and not having Cohiba represented.  I guess we'll see...
sounds like a fun time
I love when people think I'm psychologically disturbed cause it means I overloaded their neurological nerves