Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doesn't someone on here do corian c-tops
Like the topic says I have a simple question. Can you cut corian with a regular wood blade in a chop saw? I dropped my cutting board and broke a corner and want to smooth it up.
Found this on a websie:
Preparation and Tools
The two key tools you need to make your cuts are a router and a trim saw fitted with carbide-tipped blades. Carbide tips will give you the best cut with the cleanest finish and cannot be substituted. Cutting through Corian isn't difficult, but it is much messier than working in wood since the resin particles tend to float freely and stick to everything as if they are magnetized. If cuts and routing can be done outdoors, you should do so. If you must work indoors, tape-seal and tent the work area and think about renting an air cleaner to extract the dust from the air. Obviously, wearing a micro-filtration particle mask is a must, and eye goggles may help, particularly if working indoors.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I found that info too Jimmie I just wonder if I could cut it with a regular wood blade. I could buy a new cutting board for the cost of a carbide blade.
Doug I would use a carbide tip blade, a close tooth plywood blade might work, closer to would probably work but if it was me I would go with carbide tip blade
come in here dear boy have a cigar your going to go far