Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do all cigars "play nice" in the humidor?
Grassroots Wrote:Not too worried about marrying of flavors with the sticks that have cello on them, I have a small Gurkha humi that has all Cabaiguan in them, then a box of cubans and I keep those seperate then a few boxes that are mixed.  Most of the sticks I own have cello on em and those that do come with it on them I leave it on. 
Reading your post I get the impression that you put cello on some of your singles yourself. If this is the case where do you buy your cello wrappers from? I would like to find a place to buy some from.
Fish,

I only leave the cello on the sticks that come with it.  Cabaiguan/Don Pepin doesn't use any so I try to leave those in their own humi plus they are *one* of my favorite cigars and I love it when I open the humi and get a big whiff.  I agree with you though, I would love a place to get some so I could put them on the habanos that I own and use a vacuum type to get a good seal.  For some of the sticks that I'm gonna take with me somewhere I have some cello that I have saved off old cigars and sometimes put it on a naked stick (dpg's) and suck all the air out of it and put a small peice of tape on it to protect it wherever I'm going.  Right now I have Partagas/Cohiba's/Monte's/Boli's all in the same box, I only have a few of each but what can you do?  I'm not going to put two Cohiba maduro's in a whole seperate box..
A good little trick I have started using is keeping every type of bag I get from a B&M to an online store. I then can seperate my smokes by using a bag if they dont have a cello. This will keep the cigars seperate from other cigars and will not take up that much room.
BaileyCAO Wrote:A good little trick I have started using is keeping every type of bag I get from a B&M to an online store. I then can seperate my smokes by using a bag if they dont have a cello. This will keep the cigars seperate from other cigars and will not take up that much room.
Good point. Hey Bailey you went to the dark side? Where's your Opus avatar?
fishhound Wrote:
BaileyCAO Wrote:A good little trick I have started using is keeping every type of bag I get from a B&M to an online store. I then can seperate my smokes by using a bag if they dont have a cello. This will keep the cigars seperate from other cigars and will not take up that much room.
I think Rob gave him a hit that he will apparently never recover from.
If you smoke them fast enough then you shouldn't have ANY problem!Wink
fishhound Wrote:
This is the LITTO ERA (at least for me anyway). I have been on a huge litto kick right now(Thanks Rob) just thought I should change my avatar.
MikeD Wrote:Marrying  of the flavors would take a long time (several months to years), so if the cigars you just purchased are pretty much for everyday smoking, I really don't see it as a problem and any marrying would be minimal at best. 

Only for long term aging you should be more conscious of this issue.

ding!

It's all tobacco anyway. It's not like having scented candles or flavored cigars in there with them.