Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirt track racing
I talked to a buddy of mine that I used to race street stocks with in eastern Washington.  He has a race next weekend that I was planning on going to.  He informed me that I need to bring my helmet and fire suit, because he might have a car for me to drive. 

I am so excited!  I havent driven a race car in a few years.  I got out because it was getting pretty expensive.  Hopefully this works out.  I will post some pics of the race, regardless of if I am in it.

I just need to cut a hole in my face shield so I can smoke a cigar while I am driving.[bravo2]

These are a few of the cars I had.  The green one is a 74 Chevelle.  It was nicknamed "the green latrine".  I flipped it coming out of a corner and slid down the backstretch on the roof.  That was it for that car.  It is said that green is an unlucky color and 13 is an unlucky number for a racecar.  That seemed quite true that season.

The other one is an early 80's Monte Carlo that I was building.  I sold that one before I ever got to race it.  The cost of driving 200 miles one way towing the race car was getting unbearable.  And, we raced on Friday nights, so I would have to leave work early on Fridays and beat ass to get there on time.[Image: 366657052.jpg]

[Image: 366656970.jpg]
I like smoking lightning
I love dirt racing..go almost every weekend  [bravo2] hope you get a chance to drive Big Grin
Don't do it.... I raced bikes for 18 years and it's amazing how much money you spend and and nothing but broken parts and used tires.

Have a great time and I want to see a podium finish with a podium picture smoking a cigar of choice.

Zammer217 Wrote:Don't do it.... I raced bikes for 18 years and it's amazing how much money you spend and and nothing but broken parts and used tires.

Have a great time and I want to see a podium finish with a podium picture smoking a cigar of choice.

I have a gut feeling that if I do get in the car, I am going to want to build another one.  We'll see.

As far as a podium finish?  I dont know about that,  the car is a late 70's camaro.  That is what passes for a race car out here.  Me and my buddy were the only ones with full frame cars, and they were the two fastest cars on the track.  He still wins almost every weekend.

I told him that I am not above spinning him out to take the lead.  Rubbin's RacinBig Grin
I like smoking lightning
Oh if your buddy is in the lead and your in second you better put him in the wall.  Just remember though if you crash you have to jump out of the car, strip down to your underwear and run around yelling, I'M ON FIRE I'M ON FIRE.

I have always wanted to race a car, but after 18 years on a bike having a cage around me would prolly make me do some stupid stuff.

Zammer217 Wrote:Oh if your buddy is in the lead and your in second you better put him in the wall.  Just remember though if you crash you have to jump out of the car, strip down to your underwear and run around yelling, I'M ON FIRE I'M ON FIRE.

I have always wanted to race a car, but after 18 years on a bike having a cage around me would prolly make me do some stupid stuff.

[lol]Help me Tom Cruise, use your witchcraft to save me [lol]
I like smoking lightning
Was thinking about racing my car on the 5th. If I hit the wall, I'm done for. But I really want to as a birthday gift for myself.
"For the man who takes success with ease"
goodfellamatt78 Wrote:Was thinking about racing my car on the 5th. If I hit the wall, I'm done for. But I really want to as a birthday gift for myself.

What do you race Matt?  Lets see some pics. 

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #b9af9f"Just turn left before you get to the wall and you will be ok[lol]
I like smoking lightning
I race my car! Well, not legally and not for a while but I've wanted to do it for fun and in a safe environment. Memorial Day Ms. Goodfella and I went to Seekonk Speedway, a circle track about 45 minutes away. Her friend from work was racing his girlfriends pink Neon in the Enduro races (basically race around the circe in demolition cars, then do a figre 8) Fun to watch but I'm not a real fan. I'm a complete 1/4 mile fan and have wanted to build a 78-81 Chevy Malibu since I was 14, but the lack of funds and know how have left me with the trusty old Buick.

In addition to the Enduro Demolition stuff and pro stocks (mostly G body Monte Carlos[bravo2]) Seekonk has Spectator Drags a few times a year. Seeing average Joe's with average cars racing for pure fun hooked me in. I'm talking some beautiful everyday cars, some awful rice burners, and a few beautiful weekend cruisers. After 3 Camaros took 1, 2, and 3, and all was right in the world, I figured "why the hell can't I race the Buick? I've beaten cars better than a few of these?"

I don't care if I am the first guy eliminated, it just looks like so much fun. The thing is, the lack of a Malibu in my garage leaves me with my trusty Buick which is also my daily driver. If I wipe out, I'm screwed. But it just looks so fun........
"For the man who takes success with ease"