Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different weather, different cigar?
I am just curious....

In different seasons do you prefer different cigars(shapes,sizes,strength,flavor profile,etc)

For example:
winter: more spice or more earth/leather?
summer: churchill/double corona over petite corona

just a example of what the question is, lets hear it....
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
I have my own "cigar lounge" in my house so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that gets to smoke indoors no matter what the outside is like. With that being said the weather usually has no bearing on what size cigar I'll be smoking. It's usually more of a time issue. As for the flavor/ body of the cigar, again usually has nothing to do with the weather or time of year, it's more of the mood that I'm in and again the time. If I'm going to sit with my cigar, a beer, and the tv it will be more of a med body med flavor cigar that I can sit and enjoy. If I'm going to be with friends talking or anything else that I won't be putting my full attention to the cigar it will be more of a full flavor stick that will keep me interested while not paying attention too much to it.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Because I smoke outside and our very hot summers, I'm actually more apt to reach for a larger cigar in winter. I hate trying to enjoy a smoke and sweating my nutz off.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]

No difference here, but hell, I'm a n00b.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
I never really gave it much thought I usually just grab what I felt like having at the moment and that never really changes from summer to winter. I was always able to smoke in my work vehicle so size was never an issue cause I had the whole tour to smoke. Now that I'm retired however and living in NY I'm gonna have to find places to go and smoke.
I smoke inside also so it does not matter.
For those who have a small room, a box fan reversed in a window and the door cracked 2 inches will change your life with cigars inside. I still use a ionizer and filter to complete the system and you CAN'T smell smoke. I got this from diamond Dave. I have been at his house with 12 people in a room pounding cigars for 8+ hours. Came back the next day and you couldn't tell it was a smokers house. I would have never believed it.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

i would have to say i am too much of a noob to have an opinion on this but i will keep it in mind as the seasons are changing. May be interesting to see if i change with the seasons!
--Mike
First of all, Mark doesn't have any friends.

I look in my humidor and grab what I like and that about sums it up for the Mum.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(09-22-2010, 06:18 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: First of all, Mark doesn't have any friends.

Mark if you need friends let my know. Your not that far from me and i need a place to smoke in the winter Smile
--Mike
Whats with all the questions John? Smile

I think I prefer a little less spice when its hot out, like Vegas hot. That hot air burns enough as it is
I like smoking lightning