Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutters
(07-08-2017, 04:39 PM)Parkster Wrote: This Colibri? [Image: 6bd142f848f43cb3bb13c9f4c27b7156.jpg]

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

(07-08-2017, 09:52 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: That's the one.

I'm looking for a new cutter, a V...is that Colibri V any good?

I see them on Amazon Prime, assorted colors, for $31.20
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
First off let me say I saw the Xo Cutter a couple of years ago, it was very intresting, but my gripes are:

Price.

It is thick, and difficult for me to use with out reading glasses.

I think the color are OK, but not untill recently do the color have wow factor.

I personally use a Cuban Crafter Perfect Cutter as my go too. It was price right under $15.00, all metal, will cut up to 60 Ring Gage with not problems, it will cut Torperdos.

Will I ever buy an XO maybe, but ever time I think about it I say my Cuban Crafter does a great job, so what by the XO.

If you need fire to light your cigar a match will make fire, or a $1,000.00+ DuPont will make fire.  Me I use a $10.00 Jetline as my go to because it is dependable, it make fire, and that is all I need fire.

BTW before the Cuban Crafter Cutter I used a sharp pocket knife to trim a Cap, or trim the tip of a 
Torpedo.  Or cut a tiny "V".

Long before that teeth were used old school like in the 1960's.  Cigar Cutter were too expensive, grandpa show me how to open up a Cigar with my choppers.
(07-07-2017, 09:33 AM)Parkster Wrote: Thanks Jimmie.

I've read a couple of reviews that also give it a bit of a dig if I'm honest, too many moving parts being one of the issues and not intuitive to use being another.

I'd taken in to account that not everyone is a Xikar fan, just like some of the reviews that hail it as the future of cutters being from over enthusiastic Freeby recipients.

The lifetime warranty is a big draw, but, I still wanted to fish for info from SC folks whom I hold in regard for their credibility if it had been fiddled with by any of the group.

I have a Xikar punch, more teardrop cutters of theirs than I care to admit to Mrs P about and I have your V Cutter from my last visit.... Still have no idea how I ended up with it, the baggy and straw., so I'm not in desperate need of a new cutter..... But.... You know how it is.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Ahhh Dave, I saw you at Easter, where the hell is my V cutter? Tongue

Tonto, I use my V cutter 99% of the time. Treat yourself. My all time favorite. No worries Dave I spent the coin & picked up another one.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
If your not fussy about branding, or color CigarBid has those Colibri "V" Cutter frequently. Some are branded with Cigar Name. But it don't effect how good they work.
(08-14-2018, 09:03 AM)SurfnSafari Wrote: If your not fussy about branding, or color CigarBid has those Colibri "V" Cutter frequently.  Some are branded with Cigar Name.  But it don't effect how good they work.

I don't know why I didn't think of looking at CigarBid?   Confused 

Thanks!   Smile
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Just looking at this one https://www.cigarbid.com/a/colibri-v-cut-cutter-san-cristobal/2957310/ & it's lowest price.  With shipping, it would be in the $25 range
I 2nd Mum, that is my favorite cutter. Can't go wrong with that.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
I've got to say, I love the Colibri V cutter I picked up last September!

Sometimes however, I think it cuts a little too deep & splits the cap into 2 pieces.  I have to work on adjusting for that when I cut.
I never had that problem.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
It is simply fabulous in design and a perfect cutter with Sprint acting unique mechanism that enhances smooth cut.

Daniel Stauffer