Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cusano 18
Are these things for real?  True story.  I went to a Punch ambassador event two months ago and then spent sometime afterwards in the walk-in humi area of the store.  The owner then saunters over and we start talking about cigars.  She sees the RPs in m hand and then she just starts gushing about the Cusano 18.  It's flying off the shelves, highly rated, THE cigar to have. [really] O.K., so I'm thinking this gal wants to move some product and perhaps she's excited after being visited by some poor bastard who is selling these things.  I mutter something along the lines of "thanks" and then proceed to the check out counter with even more RPs.  Fast forward to last night-I'm in a nearby town at a smoke shop and the owner at this place starts yapping about these and how CA rated them 91.  I only doubt him as he then raves on about the Cusano Corojo, and I try my hardest not to snicker. 

Any thoughts on these?  I did pick two up last night to smoke and rate with a good BOTL friend of mine and will see if the hype is worth it.  [cigar]
The Cusano 18 Natural is pretty good, but the 18 Maduro is a VERY good cigar and this price is great!  They usually run right around $4-$5 for most of the sizes.  I would highly reccommend picking up a Cusano 18 Maduro.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
I've had a total of six of the Double Connecticut Robustos. The filler is a blend of Dominican Piloto Cuban long-fillers and 18 year old Dominican Oro/Seco leaves in a Connecticut shade wrapper. The blend is by master craftsman Hendrik Kelner, creator of Davidoff, AVO, Paul Garmirian and The Griffin’s cigars.

Pre-light aroma is rich and earthy with hints of sweet spice. Over all they have a nice dark grey ash, very good draw on all six, five of them had a great burn and one of them had a little bit of a tunneling problem. They start out with a little bit spicy/metallic taste. Soon smooths out to a med/med full body with lots of creamy rich smoke. For $5-$6 the are a great enjoyable smoke. I always keep a few around.
I had a Cusano 18 Nat. robusto last week. It was good...nothing special. Thought it was better than the Corojo though. But I wouldnt lean to buy it in the future. Now the Cusano 18 Maduro is a whole other animal as Mark stated. I was given one of these at the NYC Big Smoke...now that was tasty! Smile
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
pretty mild, nothign special. Corojo is better imo, but still not a great cigar.
I'm with Beerlord on this one. They are well made, inexpensive, and smoke great. But I would rather have a Gran Habano #5 any day for about the same money. And the Gran Habano Tres Siglo is awesome.
I keep hearing that about the Tres Siglo DD....I was gifted one recently. My friends love it. But that whole Gran Habanos line is very good...and for the price...its a steal.
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
Isn't taste a funny thing?

I absolutely LOVE the Cusano 18's in Natural. Haven't tried the Maduros but their Connecticut Shade is just so damn good.

The Cusano Corojo is also a great cigar, and quite different. While the 18 is very leathery, sweet, woody and a thick creamy body to the smoke, the Corojo is more spicy, sweet, woody; a little fuller in strength and nice. Both have a terrific aroma; but again, I like the 18 better.

I get these from ET @ TBS-Cigars for an embarassingly low price. Jeez. If I had a conscience, I'd feel bad about how little I pay Eric for a box of Cusanos. It is definitely nowhere near the $5-6 range. MUCH lower.

But I think this is one of the BEST value cigars out there. Since trying them, I have never been without a box of Cusano 18 and Cusano Corojo (both Churchill size) in my humidor. I highly recommend them. Try the 18 with your coffee in the morning.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
I think you hit it on the head, great morning smoke and coffee seems to bring out all the flavor.
Beerlord Wrote:pretty mild, nothign special. Corojo is better imo, but still not a great cigar.
have to agree here 100% and also with the metallic, blood in your mouth, taste.