Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current hot brands
La Gloria Cubana Serie R's and the LFD Cabinet Oscuros are part of my weekly smokes!
i enjoy an rp edge quite regularly. does that count? i'll second the above votes for a punch rare corojo and a ryj cedros deluxe no. 2. lgc serie r. love them all!
I had some really unremarkable Dominican Bolivars from about 6 years ago in the humidor. They'd been sitting there under a pile of other wooden boxes. You kind of forget about some of your stuff after a while, you know?

Well, I looked at them one day and thought that I had better suffer my way through them to make room for other acquisitions. They were so TERRIFIC! A real shocker. With that much age on them, they had really developed an amazingly balanced perfume of quality tobacco; smooth and medium-bodied.

Having a large stash of cigars means that I can't really smoke through them that fast. So the benefit is a constant supply of aged cigars, where even the mediochre smoke like champions.

To answer your question, another box of pretty good Ho-Hummers would be the La Gloria Cubana Wavell Maduros that are always found on the bottom of another stack. I never get into them, but once in a blue moon; but they're always tremendous. Not sure why I don't smoke them more often. The price is certainly right.

(Miami-rolled version from Famous-Smoke, of course.) Cool
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
I LOVE La Gloria Cubana's. 

Back last winter I decided to try other brands of cigars.  Aside from Fuente and Puro's Indio's I did not know Ashton from Helix.  All I knew were Don Guerllmos (my regular domestic smoke) and the variety of Cubans I would bring home from vacation down south.

My first online order was from Finck's and they sent me a variety sampler.  The La Gloria Wavell was my first cigar from the 8 pack and I absolutely loved it.  Although many here do not talk about this brand its a regular rotation in my humidor.
US_Tank Wrote:I LOVE La Gloria Cubana's. 

Back last winter I decided to try other brands of cigars.  Aside from Fuente and Puro's Indio's I did not know Ashton from Helix.  All I knew were Don Guerllmos (my regular domestic smoke) and the variety of Cubans I would bring home from vacation down south.

My first online order was from Finck's and they sent me a variety sampler.  The La Gloria Wavell was my first cigar from the 8 pack and I absolutely loved it.  Although many here do not talk about this brand its a regular rotation in my humidor.
Not true they have come up a few times.

http://www.stogiechat.com/cigar-forum/se...&q=wavells

It is always good to see what people enjoy the same cigars as you, then you can look for smokes that are new to you from what they like.

I've noticed that MikeD, Mark, and Keith all have similar tastes to me and have recommended some of my now favorites.
B-Dub Cigar Ambassador Wrote:I had some really unremarkable Dominican Bolivars from about 6 years ago in the humidor. They'd been sitting there under a pile of other wooden boxes. You kind of forget about some of your stuff after a while, you know?

Well, I looked at them one day and thought that I had better suffer my way through them to make room for other acquisitions. They were so TERRIFIC! A real shocker. With that much age on them, they had really developed an amazingly balanced perfume of quality tobacco; smooth and medium-bodied.

Having a large stash of cigars means that I can't really smoke through them that fast. So the benefit is a constant supply of aged cigars, where even the mediochre smoke like champions.

To answer your question, another box of pretty good Ho-Hummers would be the La Gloria Cubana Wavell Maduros that are always found on the bottom of another stack. I never get into them, but once in a blue moon; but they're always tremendous. Not sure why I don't smoke them more often. The price is certainly right.

I went through the "buy everything on special" phase a few years back and ended up with about 4 boxes of Bolivars. I've got lonsdales, toros, lanceros and coronas. Some of them must be at least 6-7 yrs. old now. Every once in awhile I fire one up and yea, they're pretty darn good.
TatuajeVI Wrote:
B-Dub Cigar Ambassador Wrote:I had some really unremarkable Dominican Bolivars from about 6 years ago in the humidor. They'd been sitting there under a pile of other wooden boxes. You kind of forget about some of your stuff after a while, you know?

I went through the "buy everything on special" phase a few years back and ended up with about 4 boxes of Bolivars. I've got lonsdales, toros, lanceros and coronas. Some of them must be at least 6-7 yrs. old now. Every once in awhile I fire one up and yea, they're pretty darn good.

haha.. haven't we all?

Other phases include:
Ohhh... what a neat box!
Ohhh... what a neat label!
Ohhh... what a neat name!
Ohhh... what a neat concept!
Ohhh... a 5 pack!
Ohhh... everyone sle is talking about these.
Ohhh... these are hard to get
Ohhh... these are new
Ohhh... These are cheap
Ohhh... these are expensive

and then there are the relapses... or re-phases
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
TatuajeVI Wrote:

I went through the "[color="red"]buy everything on special[/color]" phase a few years back and ended up with about 4 boxes of Bolivars. I've got lonsdales, toros, lanceros and coronas. Some of them must be at least 6-7 yrs. old now. Every once in awhile I fire one up and yea, they're pretty darn good.

haha.. haven't we all?

Other phases include:
Ohhh... what a neat box!
Ohhh... a 5 pack!
Ohhh... these are new
Ohhh... These are cheap

Now that would be a kick ass T-Shirt
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
TatuajeVI Wrote:

haha.. haven't we all?

Other phases include:
Ohhh... what a neat box!
Ohhh... a 5 pack!
Ohhh... these are new
Ohhh... These are cheap

I still peek sometimes. Astral anyone?Big Grin
Just got some Illusione's today, have been waiting a while to try them.