Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cumbres de Puriscal
The Doc did a review on these back on SC1 & I did what I do with all vendors and saved the site. I kept looking at these every month or so and finally decided to order some & give them a try. These are not available anywhere except direct from the manufacturer, so I placed my order for the Silver (supposed to be the fullest in flavor) and sat back and waited,and waited. After a month went by, they finally arrived. They look absolutely beautiful. I let them rest a week & had to try one.

These are the pyramides, 6.125 x 52, excellent & consistant color, has some heavy veins, but nothing substantial. Clipped & lit with no problems and sat back relax & savor this almost cuban beauty.

Unfortunately, I am probably not the best one to describe this experience, the first few puffs were full strength with loads of bittersweet cocoa/coffee and something else, kinda woody and earthy. Still in the first third it quickly settled down to a med/full strength but retained the full flavors. This cigar stayed very consistant all the way to the end. The flavors changed periodically, one would be very prevelent but the others were still there & then they would change place. To me these were very similar to the Monte #2's I've tried, not exact, but still close enough.

Burn was perfect all the way down, never required a touchup or relite. Draw was a little tight, but not enough to be a distraction.

Now for the second one. I enlisted the help of LC and Senor Smoke, we met for dinner at a local BBQ chain and had a great meal, then retired to the viranda for conversation,drinks, and of course - a smoke. So I brought out the sticks, gave a breif history, handed them out and proceeded to light up.

Total disappointment for me. The flavor is still there, but these were so tight that at the half way point I had a toothache from trying to draw any smoke out of this thing. LC & Senor were trying to be kind & kept smoking theirs, I put mine out of it's misery & grabbed an Opus Super Belicoso. Ahhhh, now that's more like it, and also another review.

I think I will let these sit for a while before trying again. Hopefully, they will loosen up a bit and mellow out with a little age on them. I think they will age well and can only get better.
Thanks for the honest review.

Even though I'd like too,and intend on,sampleing all....I think I really am looking foward to the strongest one of the bunch.I forgot which one was strongest...purple?
I have to head back to the site to see.
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the Cumbres Silver Torp. The Silver line is their fullest body and flavor line. Most people like the Cumbres Gold the best (it's their most popular seller). Not quite as strong, but very flavorful. I like the flavor of the Gold, but the fuller body of the Silver.

I agree about the wait time. It usually take two weeks (working days) for them to arrive here in California. However, it keeps the price down, which would be higher if they had distributors in the states. They package the stogies well though and they arrive fresh.

[Edit]
Here are links to the reviews on the Cumbres Silver and Gold:

Cumbres de Puriscal: Gold, Toro

Cumbres de Puriscal: Silver, Torpedo

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com
Dr. Stogie Fresh Wrote:Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the Cumbres Silver Torp. The Silver line is their fullest body and flavor line. Most people like the Cumbres Gold the best (it's their most popular seller). Not quite as strong, but very flavorful. I like the flavor of the Gold, but the fuller body of the Silver.

I agree about the wait time. It usually take two weeks (working days) for them to arrive here in California. However, it keeps the price down, which would be higher if they had distributors in the states. They package the stogies well though and they arrive fresh.

[Edit]
Here are links to the reviews on the Cumbres Silver and Gold:

Cumbres de Puriscal: Gold, Toro

Cumbres de Puriscal: Silver, Torpedo

Doc
Thanks doc....the silver was what I was thinking of.

Discodog...what was the box you purchased and entered in the box pass again>?