Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuba vs. Nicarauga
 I'm sure that the majority of us has smoked a Nicaraguan puro whether it be a Padron or something from Pepin Garcia like Tatuaje. Though I'm not a shill for anyone, am I the only one who thinks it's about time to admit that Nicaraguan tobacco is at least close if not on par to Cuban tobacco? I have smoked at least 200 Cuban cigars of all brands and sizes and I am having strange thoughts and newfound patterns to my buying habits. I look for Nicaraguan puros at least as much as I do any cigars.
TatuajeVI Wrote: I'm sure that the majority of us has smoked a Nicaraguan puro whether it be a Padron or something from Pepin Garcia like Tatuaje. Though I'm not a shill for anyone, am I the only one who thinks it's about time to admit that Nicaraguan tobacco is at least close if not on par to Cuban tobacco? I have smoked at least 200 Cuban cigars of all brands and sizes and I am having strange thoughts and newfound patterns to my buying habits. I look for Nicaraguan puros at least as much as I do any cigars.
On par I will agree with, I've had quite a few non-cuban puros that were out standing. However Cubans have a certain profile that I have not found in any other puro made else where. 
TatuajeVI Wrote: I'm sure that the majority of us has smoked a Nicaraguan puro whether it be a Padron or something from Pepin Garcia like Tatuaje. Though I'm not a shill for anyone, am I the only one who thinks it's about time to admit that Nicaraguan tobacco is at least close if not on par to Cuban tobacco? I have smoked at least 200 Cuban cigars of all brands and sizes and I am having strange thoughts and newfound patterns to my buying habits. I look for Nicaraguan puros at least as much as I do any cigars.

Pepin has the flava'. Cubans are med. body at best IMO except for the Siglo Vl

No Cuban can compare to the Pepin San Cristobal.Werd!!![italy][rob]
And Padron 1964 PAN Imerial.Kicks ash!!!
I actually feel like Nicaraguan tobacco has stronger nicotine levels than any other.  I think the flavor profiles are great!  On par sure, but nothing has that Cuban twang.  I do like me a good Nic puro though!
cubans will always have their unique profile, the whole terroir thing, but as far as other countries producing as good or better quality foliage... absolutely. i'd put a padron or anything by pepin up there with any youngish cubano. but there lies the cuban trump card. nothing ages over the decades like the cuban stuff.

think of how stoked we are to be smoking at this time in history. while we set aside cubanos for later, we can enjoy insane (and improving) cigars from nicaragua and elsewhere. the nineties had it's boom in quantity. right now we're in the midst of a quality boom. so enjoy, you're soaking in it! [smokin2]
Most Padron's and Oliva (many cigars have Oliva family tobacco in them no?) and Pepins have some age on em before they are shipped out.

Those that I know of..

Padron thousand series - 2 1/2 years
30th - 4yrs
40th - 5 or more

I love both (Nic and Habano) Big Grin  Certainly will agree with Mac, some strong cigars come out of Nic.
While I can't say I like one better than the other, both have a place in my humidor.  They have different flavor profiles and each will satisfy a different craving depending on my mood.

There are many high quality smokes coming from Nic these days.  I'm glad they are different from Cubans... it would be really boring to have everything taste similar to eachother.  Variety is the spice of life. [cigar]
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
MikeD Wrote:While I can't say I like one better than the other, both have a place in my humidor.  They have different flavor profiles and each will satisfy a different craving depending on my mood.

There are many high quality smokes coming from Nic these days.  I'm glad they are different from Cubans... it would be really boring to have everything taste similar to eachother.  Variety is the spice of life. [cigar]

Mikey nailed it here!

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
ColbyPants Wrote:
MikeD Wrote:While I can't say I like one better than the other, both have a place in my humidor.  They have different flavor profiles and each will satisfy a different craving depending on my mood.

Mikey nailed it here!

TomC
No doubt. You are right on the money sir.