Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuaba Exclusivos 07 review
[*]Size: 5 3/4 x 46
[*]Shape: Perfecto
[*]Wrapper: Cuba
[*]Filler: Cuba
[*]Binder: Cuba
Here is a interesting smoke. Being a perfecto it has that unique shape to it.

The first 1/10th of the cigar is terrible because its rolled very tight. Its streaky but once it opens up it becomes a decent smoke.

The cigar is medium to strong and is complex. Since its still a fresh cigar its a bit grassy. There are some nice notes of charred wood & burnt nutts with a nice spice back drop. I would describe it as an earthy cuban cigar.

The construction on this cigar is ok.  The ash stayed on for about half the cigar.

I think in time this will mellow and be a above average premium smoke. Right now its good but I would consider average.

My score is 8 out 10 with the potential of becoming a 9.

thanks, nice reviewBig Grin
I have a box of Cuaba's that I bought a while ago. I'm going to have to revisit them soon. I wasn't thrilled with the first one I tried, but I'm hoping age will turn them around.
Nice job man. Thanks

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Good review!

The very first cuban cigar I've had was a Cuaba.
I really enjoyed it, getting those magical flavors that only come from that little island.
Always be a place in my heart (and humidor) for these.
I really enjoy them myself...

If you have a tough time with the foot, some people clip the end off prior to lighting so they don't have to deal with waiting for the foot to open up.

glad you liked it. I bought a monster one last year.

http://www.stogiechat.com/cigar-forum/view_topic.php?id=6189&forum_id=12&highlight=cuaba

Still have yet to smoke it.
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:glad you liked it. I bought a monster one last year.

http://www.stogiechat.com/cigar-forum/view_topic.php?id=6189&forum_id=12&highlight=cuaba

Still have yet to smoke it.

Same here Skipper. I have one of these monsters sitting in a coffin box in my humi, gifted by a very esteemed member of SC that shall remain unnamed but adds a lot to this forum and if life permits should post more because I always enjoy to read (and hopefully someday listen) to what he has to say.

[Image: Kennerly_01.jpg]

I wanted to light it on my B-day on the 4th but other obligations and time constraints made me skip it Tongue 

Thanks for the review. We don't see this one reviewed too often. Now if we can only work on the scoreTongue An 8 is a little high for an okay/ average smoke.
jeht2000 Wrote:Thanks for the review. We don't see this one reviewed too often. Now if we can only work on the scoreTongue An 8 is a little high for an okay/ average smoke.

What gives this an 8 is the tight ash and the back drop of spice.

Most of the Cubans I am smoking really dont have alot of spice to them. That is really why I gave it an 8.

For me "average" is average premium

I would consider this smoke to be an average premium smoke. Really for me anything 8 to 8.5  is average premium. 8.6 to 8.9 is above average premium. 9 to 9.4  is excellent. 9.5 and up is awesome. 

You make a good point that I should explain my ratings system before posting.