Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crazy find in my cigar
I came home from a business trip in Costa Rica last week.  I brought home about 100 cigars mostly local stuff just to fill requests from friends and to try some smokes I will likely not get around here.  I lit up my first one during my first break at work - a Churchill sized Colinas - nothing really great about it - not harsh, but way too mild IMO.  I put it down to come back to it after lunch.  I like to snip the burnt end off with my cutters before I relight - when I did, the blades caught on something - I figured it was a stem until I noticed it was shiny.  I messed with it for a minute and eventually pulled it out... it was a nail!  How the hell is a nail going to end up in a cigar?  It was about 1 1/4 inches long and really thin.  I know it was no a coworker playing a joke b/c they would have had to put the nail in head first - not to mention we are not carpenters...  I guess that is what you get when you buy a $40 bundle of 25 churchills... a crap shoot... I just didn't know they were using a nail gun...  Anyone else had any crazy experiences?
Never that crazy, stems yes but never nails. Did you pick up any oxidized flavs from itTongueBig Grin

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
It did not have any foul taste.  The nail was still shiny - it must have been stainless steel.  The head had a small amount of discoloration, but nothing worth noting.  It was just crazy. 
man... that was crazy!

One time I had a rock in a yellow band Dominican Cohiba. I ashed it and heard a clink sound thinking "...that ain't normal". We still laugh about that at the ciagr club where I hang out. I've pulled long hair out of another cigar once (can't recall the brind) while clipping the end. If you somke enough cigars over time you are bound to find all sorts of small items.
tekhnu Wrote:man... that was crazy!

One time I had a rock in a yellow band Dominican Cohiba. I ashed it and heard a clink sound thinking "...that ain't normal". We still laugh about that at the ciagr club where I hang out. I've pulled long hair out of another cigar once (can't recall the brind) while clipping the end. If you somke enough cigars over time you are bound to find all sorts of small items.
thats funny right there....Big Grin
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
Never had anything in my stogies and hope not too.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Wow guys, crazy stuff.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
B-Dub Cigar Ambassador Wrote:Wow guys, crazy stuff.
It could be worthy of a cigar crime right B-dubWinkBig Grin
George Carlin
The only strange thing I've ever found in a cigar was a piece of red yarn.

A friend gave me a "Fighting Cock" cigar (That as well as the "Double Happiness" had always been a running joke between me and my friends; due to a Korean friend that always raved about them; when he found some at a local shop for .85cents a stick he picked up a couple just for the novelty of it.) As soon as I cut it, there it was, I pulled it out and it was about 3/4ths the length of the cigar.

Thus, I never smoked it.
fighting cock!!!!!  ooooooh that's a bad one.  Confusedhock:  makes free cuba seem like la flor.