Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crazy Greek discovery...
Apparantly the Greeks were far more advanced than we know.

http://www.nature.com/news/2006/061127/f...4534a.html

This thing was used to "compute and display the movement of the Sun, the Moon and possibly the planets around Earth, and predicted the dates of future eclipses."

This kind of stuff fascinates me, figured I'd pass it along.
Been reading about this, amazing discovery.  Perhaps some aliens dropped it off..Confusedhock:
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
Very interesting. I saw the item a long time ago, but nobody at the time had a handle on ehat exactly it did. I only skimmed that new article, I'll go thru it later.

But did I miss the section on how it was dated? :?

But LZ6, everyone knows it wasn't space aliens. It was time travelers....Wink
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Thats pretty amazing.  Also amazing, as they pointed out, this was made 2000 years ago, but there are no records of such devices.
Confusedhock:

That plus the Inca/Myan clanders and such sort of make you wonder what all really was going on back then.
cool...

I guess they never heard of Seiko. Tongue
Djaric Wrote:Thats pretty amazing.  Also amazing, as they pointed out, this was made 2000 years ago, but there are no records of such devices.
Confusedhock:

That plus the Inca/Myan clanders and such sort of make you wonder what all really was going on back then.
My question: How do they know its 2000 years old?
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
But . . . can you wear it on your head?

The "Lords of Time" astronomical calculator hat of the ancient Germanic wizards . . . on display in Berlin:

http://www.archaeology.org/0401/reviews/gold.html

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:My question: How do they know its 2000 years old?

by the date on the back...

Shesh...
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:My question: How do they know its 2000 years old?

by the date on the back...

Shesh...
[doh]
Your right Skip....I missed it...it was just under where it said..."Made in China"  Wink