Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confessions of a workaholic
Not sure this is the thread on which I should comment, but I'll take a stab at it.

As a recovering workaholic the first step is in realizing it.  Sounds like you have that down pat.  The kids grow up quickly...too quickly as you must already know.  They won't remember all the presents but they will remember the fishing trips, the hikes, the days at the zoo, the bike rides, etc.  It's better to be direct with the family and cut back the spending than to justify the hours away to make another dollar.

That said, it's not as easy to cut back when you work for yourself because unless you have a staff working for you "if you don't work, you don't eat."  If you can hire someone to pick up the slack, that would be a great way to still take care of your clients AND spend time with your family.  You'd be helping another family at the same time...two-for-one.

Personally, I like working the long hours...I'd actually rather work than play most of the time...but it's the thrill of seeing my kids grow that supersedes all other schedules. 

I don't have it down pat...just in a similar boat trying to juggle it all and still take time to smoke a few cigars.

[cigar]
Well guys it is the weekend and I only worked half a day today and taking the entire rest of the weekend off. 

Maybe one day I will take more of these weekends off and make my way up to MN to herf with the guys. [cigar]

Thanks for all the words on here. [thumbsup]
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!