Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cohiba
Brethren,

I decided to enjoy one of my staples before it got too cold to sit outside.  Contrary to some, I am not a fan of the Winter.  Sure I relish the holiday spirit, but I don't like the cold that accompanies the festivities.  If I had my druthers I would keep the temps at 80 degrees year round.  As we all know, fighting mother nature is futile.  Anyway, I decided to welcome Winter with one of my favorite cigars; the Cohiba robusto.  I have been enjoying this particular cigar and size for many years.  Unfortunately I am finding more plugged sticks then I'd like. In the last box I purchased there were at least 6 sticks that were un smokable.

I put on my sweater and ventured out to enjoy this beauty.  The cigar is a light brown which glistened in the sun.  Construction on this one felt pretty solid.  Good bunching at the foot with no soft spots.  I punched the cap and torched the foot.  If you've ever smoked one of these you know how wonderful that first pull is.  Nutty coffee flavors with a perfect resistance.  There is a slight salty taste coming from the wrapper.  This is due to the soils of Cuba.  I find this flavor unique to Cuban tobaccos and some Nicaraguan.  The smell of the smoke emanating from the punch cut is absolutely delightful.  The smoke that comes out the head is very different than the smoke burning off the foot.  I sit for a second and marvel at the enjoyment one gets from fermented tobacco leaves.  

Well this cigar has started out quite well.  The burn is cooperating which is nice.  Still getting those creamy roasted nut flavors.  Often with a good cigar you find yourself smoking faster because the flavors are so good.  This is a perfect recipe for disaster.  Before you know it the cigar has gotten too hot and you have ruined a great cigar.  Taking ones time is the best way to enjoy all that a good cigar has to offer.

At the half way point still getting great flavor which has become richer.  When you get a good one, the robusto doesn't disappoint which is why I always have a box on hand.  I do enjoy the Siglo VI, but at times I find it a bit too big.  The robusto is the perfect size.

If you haven't had the pleasure of smoking one, I highly suggest you search one out.

Pics for your viewing pleasure.

[Image: gallery_7858_1293_19744.jpg]

[Image: gallery_7858_1293_569.jpg]

[Image: gallery_7858_1293_26662.jpg]

[Image: gallery_7858_1293_7393.jpg]

[Image: gallery_7858_1293_6841.jpg]
another great review. I am partial to the robusto myself.
Awesome review, thank you.
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
Thanks for the indepth discussion and review. I have two of these in tubos that I am dying to get into but will wait for a few years yet. But yes the Robusto is simply awesome.