Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cohiba Behike BHK 56
Big Grin 
Cigar: Cohiba Behike BHK 56
Libation: tap water
Music: Best of Isaac Hayes

I'm kind of a new fellow to this site. I usually read your posts and reviews when the market is slow and there is down time. That said, I rarely post myself and never before have I felt remotely compelled to write a cigar review. Until now.

I just had what I believe to be a near perfect cigar. The BHK 56 is a supernatural smoke and, having just laid the final centimeter of the cigar to rest in my ash tray, I would like to recap the experience and offer my most sincere recommendation.

The unlit, uncut cigar looks like a cigar - there's really not much to it apart from it's flawless construction and striking hologram-laden band. It has a hefty 56 ring guage and is heavier than one might expect. By inspecting the foot, one can see that the cigar has been masterfully and completely filled. The triple cap is there but the dash of the cap into the pigtail made it slightly less prominent than other straight cigars. The unlit aroma is classic cohiba - barnyard with an undercurrent of honey.

I don't usually take pre-light draws, and this case was no exception. I kind of wish I had now, but I was more excited to light the thing up.

The first third was like an initiation into what was to come. The smoke was surprisingly light and deep puffs yielded fairly thin clouds. The aroma at this point had notes of cedar, honey, and kind of a dried-apple scent. The taste was very creamy, fairly sweet, and slightly woody. That aspect reminded me of a Trinidad on steroids or maybe a Siglo VI.

The second third was more intense and at this point I stopped taking notes because it was that gottdang good.

One notable thing about this cigar - it yields differently than other cigars. The other night for instance, I had gotten home late from work and pulled out some kind of Padron Family maduro - which is a notably fine smoke. I started slamming a few of the brews with the lass just because it felt like that kind of night and I'm young so that's what I'm supposed to be doing anyway. As I got a little tipsy, I drew harder on the cigar and eventually it over-heated. The two subsequent draws tasted almost like egg. I don't know how exactly to describe it, but I imagine you know what I'm talking about. It's burnt tobacco - not smoked tobacco - and it tastes like nasty breakfast. This cigar didn't do that. In fact, when I took a few too many puffs, I got a blast of daiquiri. It was sick.

Anyway, I have pics but I don't know how to post them, so I'll leave them out. This was an incredible smoke. I'm a very fortunate man to have had the variety of fine cigars that I've had, but this one simply takes the bakery. I almost wish I hadn't smoked it.

Two minor complaints: the length of the cigar was perfect, but I think I would have preferred a slightly narrower ring guage. Maybe two consecutive BHK 52s would have been absolute perfection. Also, the price is steep, but I wouldn't want to smoke these every day anyway.
Excellent review. After reading your review I felt like digging thru my cabinet and humidors and searching for one but I doubting have any left.Smile

How long did it take you to smoke? That would kind of tell me if you took your time with it (which I gather you did).

You have pics then you need to post them. Do you have a photobucket account?

Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to the next review.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Guess I will have to see what all this hype is about. Would love to get a chance to try one of these.
"I do not save cigars for occasions that may not happen. Cigars make the occasion special, not the other way around."

Ryan
Thanks for the review! I've heard nothing but great things about those Behikes! Not to get my hands on them... thats the hard part!
StogieChat's Resident Classic Truck Restoration Amateur.

--Graham
Great review, sounds like an amazing smoke!
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
I still regret not buying any of those, that sounds great
(08-14-2013, 08:46 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Excellent review. After reading your review I felt like digging thru my cabinet and humidors and searching for one but I doubting have any left.Smile

How long did it take you to smoke? That would kind of tell me if you took your time with it (which I gather you did).

You have pics then you need to post them. Do you have a photobucket account?

Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to the next review.

The smoke took at least an hour - probably a bit longer. photobucket, eh? I'll get an account this afternoon and see if I can't put a couple of these up here.
Nice review... This really is a great cigar. I have one left.
--Mike
(08-15-2013, 06:49 AM)wtfdic Wrote: Nice review... This really is a great cigar. I have one left.

Yeah we need to get to smoking our last ones.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
It will be next on my list to try. Thanks for the review!
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less"

Gen Shinseki