Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cigars in the desert
Recently moved to the desert southwest. Like many, I smoke outside. In no time, even if I leave the cigar in the shade, the wrapper comes off due to the heat I guess. Any other desert smokers found a solution? Thx.

cigarMark
Amored Humidors.com

[Image: IMG_4526.jpg]

Just put a humidity pack inside!
I'm in Afghanistan, and fairly new to smoking cigars.  It has become my favorite hobby...albeit not much else to do here.  I received a "jar" type humidor from one of my mail orders, but it still seems like the cigars are drying out very fast.  It has a device at on the top lid, and I've added bottled water to it.  Hopefully I didn't screw it up; it didn't include any directions.  The heat is in the 110 degree area, with no humidity, but a lot of dry wind/sand.  Any recommendations on keeping my stash fresh?--keeping in mind I don't have a Cigar Shop close by...
DesertDessert Wrote:I'm in Afghanistan, and fairly new to smoking cigars.  It has become my favorite hobby...albeit not much else to do here.  I received a "jar" type humidor from one of my mail orders, but it still seems like the cigars are drying out very fast.  It has a device at on the top lid, and I've added bottled water to it.  Hopefully I didn't screw it up; it didn't include any directions.  The heat is in the 110 degree area, with no humidity, but a lot of dry wind/sand.  Any recommendations on keeping my stash fresh?--keeping in mind I don't have a Cigar Shop close by..

You might want to try tupperware.  Personally I've never stored cigars in a tupperware container but others here say it will work wonders.  If you can get your hands on some distilled water that is better to use than just bottled water.  Do you have a hydrometer to gauge your humidity and temperature inside the humidor?  Try to keep your cigars in the coolest place possible.

-Lucas