Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cigars F/T...
[user=899]MaduroAccountant[/user] wrote:
Quote:Right now it's between the Glock or the Sig P250...leaning toward Glock just because of the dependability.  We'll see. Big Grin

I'm not a Glock fan, but lots of people are---including most police depts.

If you can arrange to try one out, shoot one, not just handle one before buying, I'd highly recommend doing so. Glocks are set up a little differently and handle and shoot a little differently.

My thinking is, if you like Glock, go Glock, and stick with only Glock. For me, the differences made it harder to transition to other handguns and pistols and shoot well, and I was more comfortable with Sigs. But I'm most comfortable of all, and shoot the best, with my Ruger .357 revolver. THAT'S your most important consideration, as long as you're choosing from among reputable mfgs: which one you feel most at ease and natural shooting. It should be an extension of your arm.

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Not A Nice Person Wrote:[user=899]MaduroAccountant[/user] wrote:
Quote:Right now it's between the Glock or the Sig P250...leaning toward Glock just because of the dependability.  We'll see. Big Grin

If you can arrange to try one out, shoot one, not just handle one before buying, I'd highly recommend doing so. Glocks are set up a little differently and handle and shoot a little differently.

My thinking is, if you like Glock, go Glock, and stick with only Glock. For me, the differences made it harder to transition to other handguns and pistols and shoot well, and I was more comfortable with Sigs. But I'm most comfortable of all, and shoot the best, with my Ruger .357 revolver. THAT'S your most important consideration, as long as you're choosing from among reputable mfgs: which one you feel most at ease and natural shooting. It should be an extension of your arm.

NANP™
[cigar]
I think I follow you on this.  One of the things I like about the Sig P250 is that it's ambidextrous a/w/a very similar to the Glock...
MaduroAccountant Wrote:

NANP™
[cigar]
I think I follow you on this.  One of the things I like about the Sig P250 is that it's ambidextrous a/w/a very similar to the Glock...
I've got to agree with NANP.  I was a Glock man, regularly shot a 10mm G20 full size.  I purchased a Kimber 1911 Eclipse II, and fell in love.  I then purchased my Sig P229, and found a match made in heaven.  I have since bought four more Sig's, and two more Kimbers.  I looked at the P250 and almost purchased, the only thing that kept me from it was the cost for the caliber conversions (which is only a barrel to go from 9mm to 40, but a barrel, slide, clips to jump to 45) and the fact that they aren't readily available.  The complications involved in making a pistol easily convertable also means more parts to go bad.  IMHO, reliability, proven and recountable, is more important than price or convience, which is why I only purchase proven firearms in the calibers I'm comfortable shooting each and everytime I pull the trigger.  You practice shooting thousands of rounds hoping you never have to use it in defense, but if you ever do have to use it in defense, I want to know that the 1001 round won't be a problem.
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
Matt-N-Ga. Wrote:
MaduroAccountant Wrote:

NANP™
[cigar]
I've got to agree with NANP.  I was a Glock man, regularly shot a 10mm G20 full size.  I purchased a Kimber 1911 Eclipse II, and fell in love.  I then purchased my Sig P229, and found a match made in heaven.  I have since bought four more Sig's, and two more Kimbers.  I looked at the P250 and almost purchased, the only thing that kept me from it was the cost for the caliber conversions (which is only a barrel to go from 9mm to 40, but a barrel, slide, clips to jump to 45) and the fact that they aren't readily available.  The complications involved in making a pistol easily convertable also means more parts to go bad.  IMHO, reliability, proven and recountable, is more important than price or convience, which is why I only purchase proven firearms in the calibers I'm comfortable shooting each and everytime I pull the trigger.  You practice shooting thousands of rounds hoping you never have to use it in defense, but [color="red"]if you ever do have to use it in defense, I want to know that the 1001 round won't be a problem.[/color]
This is actually one of the reasons why I really lean toward the Glock.  If for no other reason than that it appears to be so consistent in a wide range of conditions.  While I would take great care of it, I'd have comfort in knowing it could be mistreated and still function.

Oh, and after 13 1/2 months...

Post 300!

(I'm SUCH a Noob!!!)
Not surprisingly, no one wants to do a trade like this!  [doh] LOL...