Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cigar of the month?
keep us informed...
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
The only problem I have found with samplers is that a lot of online sellers use a lot of the big generic company stuff like "non-Cuban" Punch, Partagas, Cohiba, Romeo Y Jullieta...ect in their showcased "SAMPLE PACKS" and they are not the real thing (just licensed out names) , big conglomerate companies like GENERAL CIGAR Co in the USA bought the names of Cuban Companies then charge big dollars for second rate.

There are a few exceptions from these that I have found....
*Macanudo the only ones worth smoking (In my opinion, for whatever it's worth) are the Maduro or Maduro vintage.

* As for Non-Cuban Montecristos I do like the Peruvians (ALOT) this is dark spicey cigar that is tasty as can be, but not on an empty stomach. THESE are in my top 10 fav cigars.

*For Non-Cuban Partagas- The Spanish Rosados are a nice med bodied smoke. (nuts, ceder, and buttery smooth)

* Non-Cuban Bolivars (not the one with his face on the band, but the one with the gold coins)

But samplers are good if you know which boutique brands to get such as a Oliva brand, or their Cain line which I just got a sampler of.

I was thinking of getting a Kristoff line sampler, I have briefly met the owner when someone introduced us in passing...and feel bad because I have never tried even one of his blends. They look and smell very nice.

Every Alec Bradley (I've had so far) has been very good, it is not just hype. CI and others have the Alec Bradley Flight sampler. I would add the Amerian classic "sun grown" to that sampler (not the reg A Classic, but the sun grown version).

My Father Cigar Company Samplers are another one. CI has a MY FATHER & Friends sampler.

Camacho Cigars are very good. The triple maduro is in my top 5 favs.

Fuente: Everything but the curly heads you can't go wrong with.
(the curly heads are made from the left over clippings and sell for about $2 at most B&M's)

p.s.
You will see many Gurkha samplers out there
About three of four blends are good and the rest I would
rather smoke the band and throw the cigar away.

(10-19-2012, 01:48 PM)halfflash Wrote: Well, I decided to give the CI's club a whirl for a few months. So far I'm pretty happy. The shop that I frequent doesn't have a huge variety. They do have a nice selection, but it's all stuff that I'm not very familiar with. They get busy around the time that I go in (after work, on my way home), and it can he hard to get some one to help me.
I'm liking the club so far, because it's nice be exposed to new sticks that I wouldn't go out and buy on my own. I think that after this first 6 months, I'll take my new knowledge, and put it toward samplers and walk ins.

Thanks for all the input

“Evil is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.”
I got my second sampler last week, and I'm pretty happy so far. I just smoked the cain habano to the nub, and I'm very pleased. I'm still a little buzzed from it, which is nice, but making typing difficult. I wanted to write out a little bit of my thoughts while they are still fresh in my mind.
along with that stick I got, a La Gloria Cubana Serie N, Genesis the Project, and nicaro havana dun grown. I was wanting to try the cain, so it got lit first.

So far two of my favorites sticks are nub habanos, and now the cain. Studio tobac knows how to make a habano!
I'm new to really thinking about cigars, but I did get a lot of woodsy and coffee flavors, which were nice.
They say that it's supposed to have lethery tones aswell, which I've gotten from other sticks, but I didn't notice them in this one. Which makes me think, why are wood, leather, and earth desirable flavors?
Support my Movember team to support Prostate and testicular cancer awareness at: http://us.movember.com/team/747249

(09-12-2012, 06:22 PM)jitzy Wrote:
(09-11-2012, 10:51 AM)irratebass Wrote: I disagree with most of you.....sure I am all for supporting the local shops, but some of the shops don't carry what they have online.

I did this for a few months and I had to stop not because of of the sticks I was getting, but because they were coming in too fast for me to smoke and I just couldn't keep up.

I was with CI's and I liked how they included a little brochure with each package and even had discounts on the cigars.....I got some real nice sticks that I cannot find locally. I have actually been thinking about restarting it, but only doing 4 at a time instead of the 8 (the other 4 were for bombs).

I have heard that if you go with Cigar.com you will be appointed your own rep and they will ask you what you like and you and make suggestions and things like that.....I went with CI because of the free shipping. I think this is a great thing for new smokers, but yeah you will eventually cancel it and develop your own sampling.

Good luck

You do know that CI and Cigar.com are the same company.

Wow i didnt know that but i think Cigar.com has better Prices ......
When i first Started Smoking Cigars all i did was buy Samplers of Cigars from all the internet company's ,that was a good thing for me I didn't smoke them right away so I can see what I really Like. It don't matter what Guys Like it comes down to what you Like. also you have to see what you like i use to keep my Humidor on 70's till i tried Lower humidity and realized it burns better for me. This is the Place if you want to Learn all the tricks of the trade for instance how to season a Humidor in 1/2 the time Using Skipper Method I ask the Same questions 100 Time and 100 times the guys here would give you the proper answer with a attitude like the other forums .have fun trying all the cigars you can so you can see what you really like ......
(10-22-2012, 04:55 AM)jam Wrote:
(09-12-2012, 06:22 PM)jitzy Wrote:
(09-11-2012, 10:51 AM)irratebass Wrote: I disagree with most of you.....sure I am all for supporting the local shops, but some of the shops don't carry what they have online.

I did this for a few months and I had to stop not because of of the sticks I was getting, but because they were coming in too fast for me to smoke and I just couldn't keep up.

I was with CI's and I liked how they included a little brochure with each package and even had discounts on the cigars.....I got some real nice sticks that I cannot find locally. I have actually been thinking about restarting it, but only doing 4 at a time instead of the 8 (the other 4 were for bombs).

I have heard that if you go with Cigar.com you will be appointed your own rep and they will ask you what you like and you and make suggestions and things like that.....I went with CI because of the free shipping. I think this is a great thing for new smokers, but yeah you will eventually cancel it and develop your own sampling.

Good luck

You do know that CI and Cigar.com are the same company.

Wow i didnt know that but i think Cigar.com has better Prices ......

I think so too. Smile
Gangsta
I just bought what I liked and friends would share their likes and I would share mine with them (early bombing).
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer