Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cigar Register
The Warfare Collective Wrote:Maybe its just me, but i see no reason to bring e-organization into my daiy cigar smoking.

Im thinkin along the same lines as Mitch Hedberg and his joke about getting a receipt for a donut. "We do not need to bring paper into this transaction..."

Im gonna continue to smoke my cigars, and when i need to re-up, i will.
It is also nice to know if you can review your previous ratings before you go shopping.
The Warfare Collective Wrote:Maybe its just me, but i see no reason to bring e-organization into my daiy cigar smoking.

Im thinkin along the same lines as Mitch Hedberg and his joke about getting a receipt for a donut. "We do not need to bring paper into this transaction..."

Im gonna continue to smoke my cigars, and when i need to re-up, i will.
For me, I have the capacity for 150-200 boxes worth of cigars.  Hell, I can probably hold 300-400 singles in the drawers alone.  While I do enjoy looking through and finding a surprise every now and then, I'd really like to just be able to look and see what's where and then go in and get it.  Also managing long term storage would be nice to do outside the humi, allowing the conditions to remain as constant as possible, etc..  Overall, I'd just like to be organized due to my anal ways.  There, I admitted it!

I thoughtof another feature that'd be cool.  Some type of alarm or alert that you could set that would allow you to lay a box down for the future and then be reminded later.  Many times I buy for the purpose of aging and then forget it in the back of the humi (I blame 6 years of working with teenagers for my utter lack of anything resembling an attenion span).  Or a function that would allow you to tag something as being "too young".  Like a button that would automatically set the alarm for X amount of months once you marked that box/stick as young.  Just a thought...
Mac,

That would be cool. Almost like a maturity date. "The PSD4s are ready for smoking now" Big Grin

It kind of goes along with the set and forget idea.
For those with that many boxes on hand, it would also prove to be a good tool to know the value of your collection should anything ever happen.   Heck, 100 boxes of cigars at a mere $50 each is a $5000 investment sitting there!    Its also good for braggin' rights too!  haha!
Quote:uninstall it and try installing again without the patch.  The regular download link is the 1.1

Just tried but Im getting the same error.

peter - PM sent, and here is a screencap of the error since I didnt know what info from it was important to include.

[screen removed at Peter's request]
Sounds like an error with a function that was used in Visual Basic.   Don't you love Microshaft!!  lol! 

When an unhandled exception is thrown in a Microsoft ASP.NET-based application that is built on the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, the application unexpectedly quits. When this problem occurs, no exception information that you must have to understanding the issue is logged in the Application log.

Since the software works for most people, I'm willing to bet that you are just missing some data access componets on your computer.   Or, they could just be out of date.

Here is a MDAC Component checker:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8F0A8DF6-4A21-4B43-BF53-14332EF092C9&displaylang=en&Hash=7YTJ6NC

Version 2.8 SP1 is the newest components.   If you have older ones, that could be the problem...

This update may fix the problem.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6c050fe3-c795-4b7d-b037-185d0506396c&DisplayLang=en

Also a service pack for that....
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=78cac895-efc2-4f8e-a9e0-3a1afbd5922e&displaylang=en

Here is the MAIN link to the MDAC stuff:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/ref/mdac/downloads/
Also, if that works.....   Peter may want to consider this link for more info:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2a5e4ebc-651c-40aa-9525-1810af47c317&DisplayLang=en

Smile
admin Wrote:For those with that many boxes on hand, it would also prove to be a good tool to know the value of your collection should anything ever happen.   Heck, 100 boxes of cigars at a mere $50 each is a $5000 investment sitting there!    Its also good for braggin' rights too!  haha!

Is there a way to make the program tally the inputted totals?  I'd be kinda intersted and scared at the same time! LOL  Played with the software a bit this eve.  I've got 245 on my display shelves alone right now.Confusedhock:  Didn't realize I was hoarding this much stuff... 

Is it sick that while I was inventorying the Opus and Anejo's I thought to myself, "man I'm gettin low on these!"?
I like the program better than the other one I tried already.  Thanks for some great software!
In my opinion, although I may or may not have the patience and drive to keep it up, this is by far the best application for cigar inventory management available anywhere.

Good job fellers!
Peter solved my problem via PM, it was a conflict with WindowsBlinds, the skin program I was running.