Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cigar Oasis
Anybody out there with a cigar oasis?  Does it do a pretty good job of circulating the humidity around your humidor?  I see the Cigar Oasis XL comes with a fan.  I'm thinking about getting a new humi in the future and was researching humidifyers. 

Any recommendations?
the fan is alright but certainly not uber-powerful.  in my cabinet.  2' x 2' x ~3' i use two co's and two oust fans sans smelly stuff.
The purpose of the fan is not to circulate. Although that is a fine byproduct.

The purpose is to evaporate the water.

Water is wicked from the reservoir to the fan. Air from the fan provides energy in the form of momentum (as opposed to heat) to assist in the evaporation (like blowing on your hands to dry them... that water has to go someplace).

It is the energy of the air molecules crashing into water molecules that helps to liberate them. Lots of non-steam room vaporizers now work using this principle.

but to answer the question about moving the humidity in a small area yes in a large area not as much as you'd like.
I agree I have about a 3' x 4' and I run two Oasis and also have two computer fans with a fan controler so I can control the speed of each fan. I love these and I would stand by them.
an added benefit of the "wind" is it helps to hold down Mold. Mold requires very still air.
Very good info here. Thanks for the replies.