Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Churros Y Puros-Casa Magna Corona
I have to try one, good show guys. Hey, you can't brew beer your not 21 yet..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
sergione Wrote:
Bungalowbill Wrote:sweet intro. Big Grin

awesome review, too! i've got a good idea what the magna is like now.
please stay tuned for when Jebus Tries my beer, should be goodBig Grin
1 cup, 1 Jebus??!! Confusedhock:
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Way to go guys! Nice show! I thought I was on the wrong channel when I heard the piano and bass intro. Dudes, that rocks!

I was underwhelmed by the Casa Magna when I first tried it during its release at the IPCPR trade show. Here were my unedited notes:

"It has a very detailed and ornate band and the wrapper is very dark. This cigar had very earthy flavors, but was muddy and really unremarkable in terms of being a smoke that distinguishes itself from others in the same genre. For a Nicaraguan puro I expected a lot more spice, but was underwhelmed by a lack of spice and the flavors, though pleasant, were not rich or sharp on the palate but blended in a way that made them pretty nondescript."

Those were my comments then. More recently I had another, this time I thought it was more balanced than my first try, but I was still shaking my head at its rating as number 1. But, to each his own.

You guys will have to bring some of your home made beer to our next herf!

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com
Im gonna have to get my hands on some of these...
Dr. Stogie Fresh Wrote:Way to go guys! Nice show! I thought I was on the wrong channel when I heard the piano and bass intro. Dudes, that rocks!

I was underwhelmed by the Casa Magna when I first tried it during its release at the IPCPR trade show. Here were my unedited notes:

"It has a very detailed and ornate band and the wrapper is very dark. This cigar had very earthy flavors, but was muddy and really unremarkable in terms of being a smoke that distinguishes itself from others in the same genre. For a Nicaraguan puro I expected a lot more spice, but was underwhelmed by a lack of spice and the flavors, though pleasant, were not rich or sharp on the palate but blended in a way that made them pretty nondescript."

Those were my comments then. More recently I had another, this time I thought it was more balanced than my first try, but I was still shaking my head at its rating as number 1. But, to each his own.

You guys will have to bring some of your home made beer to our next herf!

Doc

Number one kicking off the Padron 80th, I dont think so. But as a cigar that tasted very good for its price, even here in california, I thought it was great. Time will make these cigars better, not awesome, just better.

And you bet I will take some beer Doc, Maybe by them I would have gained more brew experience. Wheres that bungalow dog when you need emBig Grin
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
I smoked a Padron 80th Maduro and I was not impressed with its hype.   Don't get me wrong it was good and all but to me not worth the price and hype.

Then I went to Robbie's shop and the first cigar he gave me as a Padron 80th Natural.   I was impressed for sure.   Don't know offhand which of the two here I mentioned was the #2 cigar.

Now as I understand it, the Casa Magna got its rating because of its flavor in relation to price.   Great stick with great value.   If this were the case then I would argue that the La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial is the best cigar in the land based soley on this criteria.  

Great episode - Honestly the review of the Johnny O's left me wanting to try the cigar more in terms of drooling factor but I am curious about the Casa Magna and look forward to finding out what the hype is about.

Limited edition CYP brew and Herf at Doc's - talk about a winning combo [thumbsup]