Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chieftains Islay Selection-Costa Rica
From Inversiones,blended to complement the bold peaty character of Islay
single malt whiskies from Scotland.
This dark red-brown wrapper is oily,and the cigar is firm and heavy,with three shades of tobacco showing at the foot.The pre light aromas are sweet,mature tobacco,the draw is firm and gives sweet notes of honey and caramel,with a minty essence.I almost don't want to light it,it is very tasty just from the cold draw!
When I did light up,I was rewarded with a bold aroma of cedary rich tobacco,a nutty,chewy tast of firm,velvety tobacco flavor.This is going to be a fuller bodied blend I expect.The palate is broad and nicely lingering,there is a pleasant finish of espresso-like flavors.The finish is slightly dry,but less alkaline than the other Inversiones blends I have tried to date.The ash is gray and black,and very firm.
The first half is robust and full flavored,yet smooth and agreeable,there is a subtle saltiness,and caramel notes.I am really enjoying this!
The second half remains firm,the taste picks up oak,and gets more intense.The flavors stay full,the aroma stays bright and enjoyable.The burn is self correcting,and the cigar stays good to the nub.
I will have to get more of these to age and share with my friends,I want to have one with a good single malt,maybe an old Bowmore or a vintage Ardbeg.I rate this one 6.5 strength,and 18 of 20 overall
I have no more words!   [lol]