Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Certified used experiences..seeking help deciding
I currently drive a 2002 Acura CL3.2 S-Type.  It now has a new transmission at 73k.  I wish I knew about the S-Types having tranny problems before I bought, but at least it's still under warranty.

I will put 50k miles a year so I buy certified used, but I am still undecided on what to get.

I found a few Muranos (one 2004 with 25k) which have more room for my gear and will get me home even if the weather gets rough.  Plus, the warranty on certified Nissans is pretty good.

I saw a Toyota Solara (05) that looked pretty nice, but that puts me back in a coupe.  It's roughly the same price as the Murano.

I still have some trade value in the Acura because I havent crossed 100k yet.  But that is coming soon so I am trying to get out now.

All experience and opinions welcome.

I've been looking at everything and cant decide.  I'm hanging around 20 grand and must have leather...thats it.  I have no other demands other than it being a certified vehicle with 100k warranty.

Bulz, dont do the morano. Spend a few extra and get the infinity FX 35... BUT, be prepared for 13 MPG at best!
dbl post
yo know what the hardest part about owning a foreing car is?

telling everyone your gay.
Beerlord Wrote:yo know what the hardest part about owning a foreing car is?

Driving past the repair shops seeing all your neighbors on line waiting to get new door hinges, breaks, ball jjoints after only 11,000 miles?

Or selling it after 55,000 miles and it still runs like the day you bought it.

Sorry, you will NEVER find anyone more patriotic than me. I buy everything american with this one exception. I have bent over and applied ample vasoline for too many years... I am 100% done with any and all American cars. I woke up one morning and decided that my patriotism would not exceed my IQ.
When my Japanese car is made in Ohio, and your American car is made in Mexico... who's who?  Cool
Bulz Wrote:When my Japanese car is made in Ohio, and your American car is made in Mexico... who's who?  Cool

Well, profits go back home of the bastards that attacked the US of A, funding their school, thier libraries, their health system, their retirement,  theri millitary.... how quickly people forget.

and I have never gotten rid of a American made car with less than 100,000 miles on it, never had a foreign car that didn't die before 85,000 (dadly I've onwed 2). I could go on and on about it, but hey it's your choice. you wnat to race, go to and import lot and pcik out a $30,000 car, I'll buty it for you if you  beat my $25,000 Mustang.

Go to a import lot with 6 adults taller than 5'9 and  seeif they have a CAR you can all fit comfortable in for a cross country drive.

I had a Caprice that had 155,000 miles on and ran better than any import off the lot. Want to hook a chain between the frame rails of your Nissan suv and My Chevy suv and see what happens? I'll chip in for the flat bed for ya.

Beerlord Wrote:
Bulz Wrote:When my Japanese car is made in Ohio, and your American car is made in Mexico... who's who?  Cool

Well, profits go back home of the bastards that attacked the US of A, funding their school, thier libraries, their health system, their retirement,  theri millitary.... how quickly people forget.

and I have never gotten rid of a American made car with less than 100,000 miles on it, never had a foreign car that didn't die before 85,000 (dadly I've onwed 2). I could go on and on about it, but hey it's your choice.

I had a Caprice that had 155,000 miles on and ran better than any import off the lot. Want to hook a chain between the frame rails of your Nissan suv and My Chevy suv and see what happens? I'll chip in for the flat bed for ya.

you do not want to swap stories.

1st of all, I dont have time to type half of them

second of all you wont read them nor believe them.

third of all, is lining the pockets of some rich corporate American slob any better? Is it work all the aggravation and trouble? Sorry, American made cars do not come with enough Vaseline.

BL, let me ask you a few questions...
  • where is your scotch made?
  • Where does your wine come from?
  • What beer do you drink if not home make?
  • Check the label on your pants lately?
  • My underwear was bought at the Gap, it was made in China.
  • What about the last tool you bought at sears?
  • How about your TV, Radio, Walkman/Ipod?
  • The oil you heat your hose with?
  • Your gasoline?
  • Your Cell Phone?
This is an international world. Chances are the seats in your american car came form Korea. The steal from Japan. Just like Ford & GM, we owe it to ourselves to get the best bargan for our $. This includes quality. Sorry, I wont be duped by the bleeding heart ads sponsored by the auto makers or the unions. Not at such a personal expense ($ & otherwise)

This is capitalism at it's finest.

As for the other countries building up their war machine, i say GOOD! Next time they can defend themselves!

A step further in proof.

When I lived in Marion Ohio, just about everyone I knew either worked for Honda, or in a place that provided parts for honda.  Though illegal, the school levys were tied to all these Honda workers ability to buy houses and pay property tax, and the levy to build a new school and library was largely funded by Honda Paychecks.

so its not so Japanese anymore, in my mind.

TomC
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
Given the choice Skip I look for all things American, even if it's cost a little more, some things you can't avoid buying that are made in foreign countries obviously, some are even better, but cars isn't' one of them. And yes lining the pock et of an American slop is much better than funding a foreign war machine.

As far as  beer goes about 90% of what i drink is domestic, and as a matter of fact, just by chance a large percentage of it is made in NY (FX MATT aka Saranac , In Utica contracts out for a lot of east coast breweries). Sorry, but I have owned enough cars to never be convinced that anything imported is even close to being better, some may be on par, but none are better, for the same price. BTW my sister works for a Lexus dealer and drives a SUV that was 3x what i paid for mine, she won't take me up on my offer either.

And if yo take all the people cemployed by Honduh, Nissa an Toyoduh in the US it's less then a quarter of what the Ford, GM and Mopar employ