Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Celo, Glass, and Metal (Aluminum)
With the variety out there in individual packaging there are 3 main options. Celo, glass and aluminum tubes. I have tried several that have been in each and found that the glass and celo Always taste better. Why is that? It seems that the metal tubes infuse the metal taste in the cigar.

Why is this and why put a cigar in something that will infuse a foreign taste? OR AM I JUST CRAZY?

Thanks
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
Theodore Roosevelt

I have a metal container but have never used it.   Maybe I will store a cigar in there for a day and see what I can find.
I've never noticed a flavor difference, but I have noticed that the aluminum tubos are better heat conductors . . . sometimes that'll cause a little cedar staining on the wrapper leaf.

NANP™
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
Forgot about tubos.   Never had an issue with tubos.   I was thinking the stainless, permanent tube containers.  
I think you ARE crazy.[really]
Bluesman455 Wrote:I think you ARE crazy.[really]
Ditto.Wink[cigar]
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Never had a prob with anyone of mine on any of the celo, glass,or metal tubesSmile
I started the sit down video.....The Transporter!!
The reason i said this is due to a Puch Coronation that i had picked up from a B&M that i dont normaly go to and when i pulled it out of the tube and started smoking it, it was like smoking the tube. It was nasty and bitter. Not sure as to why but will not buy any more from that B&M.
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
Theodore Roosevelt