Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cellophane in the humidor
Should one leave the cellophane on the cigar while in the humidor? I'd like to hear what you do, and why.

Attached Files Image(s)

nothing to discuss, no option, leave it on.

The manufacturers spend a ton of $ to put it on, ever wonder why?

the reasons are (& the reasons you want it on)
  • it helps to hold back mold
  • It protects the sticks from wrapper damage due to handling and/or putting inside of traveldors, shirt pockets and the like
  • It protects the flavors a bit from marrying between different cigars
  • It retards dry-out when the cigar is removed form your humidor and you are traveling with it
By the way, I have never heard a single reason for taking off the cello, good or bad.
I leave mine on, if for no other reasons than
1) I'm lazy
2) It protects during transport
3) It helps retain humidity
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:nothing to discuss, no option, leave it on.

• It protects the sticks from wrapper damage due to handling and/or putting inside of traveldors, shirt pockets and the like
  • It retards dry-out when the cigar is removed form your humidor and you are traveling with it
By the way, I have never heard a single reason for taking off the cello, good or bad.

I leave it on because....

Skipper says so        [thumbsup]
What if you buy a box and it comes wrapped in cello and you don't plan on opening it for a while.  Leave the cello on the box?
SmokyOneKenobi Wrote:
Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:nothing to discuss, no option, leave it on.

I leave it on because....

Skipper says so        [thumbsup]
Ditto! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Magnum PI Wrote:What if you buy a box and it comes wrapped in cello and you don't plan on opening it for a while.  Leave the cello on the box?
just a guess, but I would think that the cellophane is permable to the humidity.
SmokyOneKenobi Wrote:
Magnum PI Wrote:What if you buy a box and it comes wrapped in cello and you don't plan on opening it for a while.  Leave the cello on the box?
just a guess, but I would think that the cellophane is permable to the humidity.
That was my understanding too
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
ive read that the humidity stays more stable in the stick with it off. it allows an easier passage of water in and out of the cigar, provided you have proper humidity, this is desirable.

Ive also read because oxygen can reach the cigars quicker and a better cycle of fresh can reach the cigars when your humi is open, they will age faster. Again, desirable if your humi is set up properly.

Those are the only reasons ive ever heard of to take the cello off. Skipper brings up some good points as well. I dont know the proper method, but either way, just enjoy your smokes.
umm skippers words are the only ones i would follow  he know best. Plus why would he lie to us [thumbsup]
I started the sit down video.....The Transporter!!