Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ceddar
Hey everyone,

I was wondering, do you keep the ceddar in ur humidors from cigar boxes? i heard it helps in maintaining a decent humidity cuz it can absorb it if ever it gets too high. also heard that it keeps the aroma of the cigar.Is this true and should i store my cigars with the ceddar?

thanks
Amiko Wrote:Hey everyone,

I was wondering, do you keep the ceddar in ur humidors from cigar boxes? i heard it helps in maintaining a decent humidity cuz it can absorb it if ever it gets too high. also heard that it keeps the aroma of the cigar.Is this true and should i store my cigars with the ceddar?

thanks

Welcome Amiko. Yes, most of us keep out cigars in the boxes they came in. That is, if we are storing in a cooler or cabinet of some type. If you are using a desktop model or something along those lines, no we don't as the space is not available.

A lot of guys will break boxes up to use in their storage containers for the reasons you mentioned above.

Hope this is helpful and welcome to SC!
empty space is inefficient as is an overcrowded humidor. If it is more than half empty, buy more cigars or keep some cedar in it. If it is more than 3/4 full, you may want to try to optimize things and make some room. The air needs to flow.

As far as empty space, the only issue with it is when you open the door. The humid air will freely escape. A moistened box is there to stay.
Yes GOOD advice has been given!
Well, i got a desktop humi that about 50-70 cigars...

what if i used the thing ceddar lighting strips instead of breaking up the boxes? would that help to keep the humidity down? i seem to be having a problem with keeping it 65-70%... keeps going up
Are you using a digital hygrometer? Has it been calibrated?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Amiko Wrote:Well, i got a desktop humi that about 50-70 cigars...

what if i used the thing ceddar lighting strips instead of breaking up the boxes? would that help to keep the humidity down? i seem to be having a problem with keeping it 65-70%... keeps going up
Are you referring to the veneer the manufacturers use in the boxes that we use for spliffs? If so, they are to thin to have any influence on humidity. You'd be better of using the box or even the blocks of cedar that come in so of the boxes for spacers.
discdog Wrote:
Amiko Wrote:Well, i got a desktop humi that about 50-70 cigars...

Are you referring to the veneer the manufacturers use in the boxes that we use for [color="red"]spliffs?[/color] If so, they are to thin to have any influence on humidity. You'd be better of using the box or even the blocks of cedar that come in so of the boxes for spacers.
Wow, Bob. Confusedhock:  I had no idea. :?  Hey, it's cool.  Cool
if you want to lower your humidity usually all you have to do is leave the lid opened a little or use the 50/50 solution and not plain water.
Do you mean Cheddar or Ceder?:?Big Grin