Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cardboard cops
My neighboring town has put these up, I think its a great idea , of course i'm sure they will be stolen or paint balled  before long.
Quote:Life-size cutouts of officers have appeared in front of Pflugerville schools over the past two days and will be rotating to different campuses for the next couple of weeks, Chief Chuck Hooker said.

Hooker said Quick Signs, a Pflugerville business, used blown-up photos of officers to make the cutouts, which were donated to the city.

"Motorists will definitely brake slightly" for the cutouts, he said. Hooker also said he thinks that even after people realize it's not a real officer, they will remain conscious of their speed.

He said that once school has been in session a few weeks and drivers are used to slowing down around them, the cutouts will begin appearing in other parts of town.

[Image: image_5738490.jpg]
Wow, we had this in south florida for a while. They would put the cut outs up for a week with a real car and then after a couple weeks, they would replace it with a real officer who issued tickets. I have a picture somewhere of my friend posing with the cutouts haha

-Ben
Thats just funny. He will have a mustache by sun fall. I would like to see that pic FSU stogie

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
That wouldn't work in New York.....he's not holding a donut TongueBig GrinWink
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
In Boulder City, NV they used to put cars out with dummies in them and then someone stole the damned cop car.  Now they don't put the cars out like that anymore.Tongue
FSU Stogie Wrote:Wow, we had this in south florida for a while. They would put the cut outs up for a week with a real car and then after a couple weeks, they would replace it with a real officer who issued tickets. I have a picture somewhere of my friend posing with the cutouts haha

-Ben

that sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I can see some kids thinking it's a cutout and then thinking it would be funny to run over the cardboard cop while doing 80... I hope they afford those cops some protection.