Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canning Hot Cherry Peppers
Jimmie the Mum Wrote:Last week, I showed you the process of how to make the Gravy.

This week is: Canning Hot Cherry Peppers:

Here's a pic of the Peppers:

[Image: AAA001.jpg]
 Man those are some great looking peppers, did you grow them?
No, too many to can to grow. But  these came from the garden:

[Image: vegatables003.jpg] 

The Figs:

[Image: vegatables004.jpg]

The Long Hot Peppers: I will string these up & let them dry.

[Image: vegatables002.jpg]

These are ready for frying and freezing. MMM good on sandwiches with the home made sauce.

[Image: vegatables001.jpg]

Here they are being fried!!

[Image: vegatables005.jpg]

And now the drying of the long hot ones. These are hanging in the basement.

[Image: vegatables006.jpg]

[Image: vegatables007.jpg]
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
    Thanks a lot, Jimmie!  While I do like the spice, I'm thinking the habaneros can't be enjoyed in the same manner as perhaps the cherry or wax peppers.  Unless one has a blatant disregard for their own stomach (or it's made of cast iron), few fellas are taking those habaneros out of the jar with a fork and eating them.  Perhaps the jalapenos, but if you're chowing down on those habaneros, you're a bad man, Jimmie!  Those long, hot peppers you show are probably as hot as I'd want to eat in a salad or a sandwich.... or just as a snack. 

I see me chasing down some jars this weekend, and hitting the market!  Thanks again for the advice, Jimmie! 
Pete Wrote:    Thanks a lot, Jimmie!  While I do like the spice, I'm thinking the habaneros can't be enjoyed in the same manner as perhaps the cherry or wax peppers.  Unless one has a blatant disregard for their own stomach (or it's made of cast iron), few fellas are taking those habaneros out of the jar with a fork and eating them.  Perhaps the jalapenos, but if you're chowing down on those habaneros, you're a bad man, Jimmie!  Those long, hot peppers you show are probably as hot as I'd want to eat in a salad or a sandwich.... or just as a snack. 

I see me chasing down some jars this weekend, and hitting the market!  Thanks again for the advice, Jimmie! 

Anytime Pete, I'll be here if you have any questions. Before I put the lid on the jar I wrap some saran wrap around the lid first, then put the lid on, turn the jar upside down and check for any leaks.

I guess I'm a bad man as I love the Habaneros. I use them when I cook peppers & onions with my steak, hamburger etc. I admit I don't put them on my salad but I do eat them.
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
     Yeah, I did notice the Saran Wrap under the lids.  I guess I just assumed it was to alleviate the problem with the lids sticking, as they often seem to do when they've not been opened for an extended period of time.  

A bad man indeed, Jimmie!  I don't find the habaneros enjoyable straight out of the garden... or even in the jar.  If I buried them in a hoagie, sure...
Well perhaps I'll do eggplant next week.
Honorary Shield Brother
They do indeed look delicious Jimmie!!Cool
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles