Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you guess what my favorite brand is?
AVB Wrote:I'll see that and raise you an Islay Cask Tongue

Damnit Ray! I still want a bottle of that too! Tongue

Not pictured, because I haven't replaced them yet, [doh] is the 10 yr Founders Reserve and the 21 Yr Portwood
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
You're stuck in a rut, Mike.  And you probably wouldn't be there if you didn't drink so much Scotch.  But since you're stuck, I might as well have one and join you.

You know, this rut's not big enough for the both of us.   We'll have to get up and move to a bigger rut.  I'm looking for a rut and a half.  I'd move downtown, but a good rut costs a fortune there.

Have you considered moving upstate?  Your rut budget will go twice as far there.  And that would leave you more money for Scotch.

athankew ... athankew ...
I have about 1/2 of a Doublewood left - my first Balvenie.  Really enjoyed it thus far.  Can Scotch go bad?  I had some 12 y/o Glenfiddich in Costa Rica that was just terrible.  I have seen people here who love it - so I am wondering if it can be tainted or if it is ever counterfieted.  If my friends on SC like it - it must be good - right?  I'm a little confused...
While a cork can go bad it doesn't happen that often.  I believe that a bottle is good for a decade if kept out of the sunlight and temperature extremes.  Some don't agree with me though.  There have been faked bottles but nothing so mundane as 12 yo Glenfiddich.

[user=955]Mark71GTX[/user] wrote:
Quote:I have about 1/2 of a Doublewood left - my first Balvenie.  Really enjoyed it thus far.  Can Scotch go bad?  I had some 12 y/o Glenfiddich in Costa Rica that was just terrible.  I have seen people here who love it - so I am wondering if it can be tainted or if it is ever counterfieted.  If my friends on SC like it - it must be good - right?  I'm a little confused...
The Jesus of Cool
I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide
Mark71GTX Wrote:I have about 1/2 of a Doublewood left - my first Balvenie.  Really enjoyed it thus far.  Can Scotch go bad?  I had some 12 y/o Glenfiddich in Costa Rica that was just terrible.  I have seen people here who love it - so I am wondering if it can be tainted or if it is ever counterfieted.  If my friends on SC like it - it must be good - right?  I'm a little confused...

Scotch wont go bad.  just keep the bottle corked when not in use. Tongue

Im not a big fan of the regular Glenfiddich 12 yr, so it's a chance you just didn't like it.  Other possibility is that they refilled the bottle with something else.

I had that happen to me at a steak house.  I asked for Macallan 12 which I know and love and can spot in a blind taste test.  What came from the bottle, which I saw for myself, was apparently not Macallan at all.  It was distinctly an Islay scotch.  Not even close.  I made a bit of a stink and I wound up with 2 drams, on the house, of The Dalmore 21 Yr Stillmans Dram instead. I quickly forgave them after that. lolWink
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Very impressive Mike D!! When Fish & I talk about cigars he usually says well Mike D thinks..... and boy do I listen.

You know your scotch and cigars. great combo...
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
bartok Wrote:You're stuck in a rut, Mike.  And you probably wouldn't be there if you didn't drink so much Scotch.  But since you're stuck, I might as well have one and join you.

You know, this rut's not big enough for the both of us.   We'll have to get up and move to a bigger rut.  I'm looking for a rut and a half.  I'd move downtown, but a good rut costs a fortune there.

Have you considered moving upstate?  Your rut budget will go twice as far there.  And that would leave you more money for Scotch.

athankew ... athankew ...

I'm not stuck in a rut.  I like Glenfiddich too! Tongue

[Image: 0725082341.jpg]

If you know anybody in Houston, try here:

http://www.partypantryliquors.com/SMSRDB.htm

The stuff is getting pretty hard to find.

The Jesus of Cool
I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide
AVB Wrote:If you know anybody in Houston, try here:

thanks Ray!

So... where are my Houston texans around here??

AVB Wrote:If you know anybody in Houston, try here:

I see they have my favorite:

21 Yrs. Chivas Regal

$161.99
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore