Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camacho cigars on Sons of Anarchy
I don't know if any of you guys watch Sons of Anarchy on FX (cool show and you should check it out!) but on the first episode of the new season the main character Clay (Ron Perlman aka Hellboy from those movies) was gifted a box of Camachos by a new gang leader/B&M owner.  I think Perlman must be a cigar smoker of camera also because the character on this show and Hellboy smoked cigars.  Any way thought it was cool and would share [thumbsup]
Thanks Caleb!  Its fun to see a show and be able to recognize a specific cigar!  [thumbsup]
I think it was Cigar Magazine who did a story on Perlman last year. He is a diehard smoker. His everyday smoke is a Joya de Nicaragua...

This is from a interview done with him for Hellboy 2 last year.

"We're guessing Hellboy’s trademark cigar isn’t actually made of tobacco. Is it one of those herbal “stunt cigars” they use on TV?

Oh, I’m smoking a real cigar! Real cigars and real good cigars. I smoke the same cigars in the movie that I smoke in real life. Just because I smoke a lot of them and you may as well … you gotta get your little pleasures through while you can.

Really. What kind of cigar?

These days I’m smoking a Nicaraguan, which is beautifully blended and rolled.

Maybe we're a lightweight, but how can you do take after take smoking a cigar without puking?

Dude, I smoke so many cigars in the course of a day that it’s not dramatically different. "
"HAVE LONGSHIP, WILL HERF!!!"
I have gotten hooked on this show, you guys should definetly check it out. The whole first season is on tvshack.net for free [thumbsup]. 

I can tell Perlman is a real cigar smoker, he is smoking in almost every episode.  Cool to see a show actually have people smoking cigars on screen [cigar]
Good to know that I'm not the only SOA fan on here! Ms. Goodfella just suprised me with season 1 on Blue-Ray. It looks amazing and I'm gladI got to see the first few episodes I missed.

When the first episode of season 2 premiered, I jumped on facebook and send Dylan Austin a message asking what cigar Adam Arkin's character gifted Ron Pearlman. He responded very fast and was very nice.

It's the Camacho Corojo in the Monarcha size if you were wondering. And yes, I went out and bought one the next day like the nerd I am. Big Grin
"For the man who takes success with ease"
I must admit I have never watched this.  I am going to have to relax with a stick and start watching this. 
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
CigarJohn Wrote:I must admit I have never watched this.  I am going to have to relax with a stick and start watching this. 

If only I could smoke in the house! The only thing that could top SOA in on Blu Ray is lighting up a Camacho (preferably a DiplomaBig Grin). I've seen Partagas used in the series as well.
"For the man who takes success with ease"
Is this kinda like a sopranos?  I'm gonna watch a few episodes this weekend and let you guys know what I think about it.
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
CigarJohn Wrote:Is this kinda like a sopranos?  I'm gonna watch a few episodes this weekend and let you guys know what I think about it.
I just rented the first season of the Sopranos...I know I am way behind but I don't have HBO.  SOA is kind of the biker gang version of the Sopranos and actually really good for just being on regular old cable!
I might have to start watching this also!