Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camacho Corojo Diploma noob review
My 1st cigar in almost a decade was a very pleasant smoke despite my very unrefined palette. Featuring a smooth draw and tight construction, it was smoked on my back porch as I enjoyed being outdoors but I digress...

The first 1/3 had a profound peppery kick to it before mellowing to earthy, leathery tones as I entered the 2/3s point. The peppery overtones did somewhat return and meld with the earthy tastes past that point. Also, I noted that the ash was rather marbled while I smoked and the burn did not get overly hot once I neared the band area.

I will be frank and admit that my disability did pose some handling issues when I got to the band, resulting in my butting the cigar so I can only say that it was not overly harsh tasting when I stopped.

Overall, a very solid cigar in this neophyte's opinion. Maybe a bit overpriced on FSS, but as part of the sampler I purchased it is a fine and enjoyable smoke.

P.S. Buck DO NOT smoke on an empty stomach ever again, lol
Buck
If we see you smoking we will assume you are on fire and take appropriate action - Douglas Adams
I have heard Camachos are really good. I have one resting in my humidor, hopefully will smoke it soon.
Great review! Thanks for sharing.

I have yet to try one of these, but hopefully soon.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.