Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camacho Corojo 11/18
I smoked quite a few Camachos around 2 years ago, and for some reason I can't explain, I stopped.  The other night I stopped by my local B&M about 10 minutes before closing, and had to make a quick decision.  Out I walked with a pair of Camacho Corojo 11/18s and a pair of the Figurados.

The 11/18 is a toro-sized figurado.  It officially measures 6x50, but has a bulge in the middle that brings it to around 56 rg, and tapers off to around 48 at the foot.  The wrapper is a natural, but Camacho is one of those companies whose natural wrappers are almost maduro-dark to begin with.  I didn't detect much spiciness, as I would have expected from a maduro cigar, so the natural designation seems correct.

The burn on this cigar was perfect.  Very straight all the way down, and held at least a 1 1/2" light-gray ash very well.  The smoke was very full bodied and pungent.  A great cigar for blowing smoke rings.  I took it out to almost an hour and a half, which is saying something for a 6" cigar.  Even at this speed, though, I was feeling the effects of the strength towards the end.

Overall, I'd describe the flavor as deep and woody, with some leather and tobacco.  A little sweet cocoa, and an occasional hint of nutmeg, which become more pronounced as the cigar progressed.  I've had this cigar many times before, and one of the things I like best about it is how easy it is to control the flavor.  Want a more easy-going cigar, just pace it a bit slower.  Want it a bit hotter tasting?  Speed it up.  You'd have to take this one pretty hot before you'd ruin the flavor.

I'm glad I came back to the Camachos.  I'd forgotten what world-class cigars they really are.  I think this one might be worth a box purchase.
Nice review bartok. I share many of your sentiments.

The Camacho 11/18 is truly a tasty smoke. I love them, the flavor of the tobacco is really great. The only problem I have experienced is splitting of the wrapper, right at the bulge. This doesn't happen often, but often enough to notice. Other than that, it's an all-purpose smoke and always a winner for me.

Doc
--
Doc Stogie Fresh
www.StogieFresh.com