Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
**CRA Announces Victory In Pennsylvania**
30% Cigar Tax Proposal Defeated!

BREAKING NEWS

Just a short while ago, Pennsylvania senators voted against Governor Ed Rendell's 2010-11 budget proposal to levy a whopping 30% tax on cigars (Other Tobacco Products) in an effort to plug the Commonwealth's budget shortfall.

This was Governor Ed Rendell's second attempt at proposing a first-ever tax on premium handmade cigars for the Keystone State.
Pennsylvania is one of only two states that does not tax cigars, with Florida being the other.

THANK YOU

CRA would like to thank in large part Pennsylvania's senators and leadership and all the CRA members who took time to contact Governor Rendell and other members of the Commonwealth's leadership to express your opposition to levying any tax on cigars.

This important victory comes within less than 24 hours after our victory in Springfield, Missouri where a proposed smoking ban was defeated due to the overwhelming response of local business owners and CRA members!
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(06-30-2010, 12:33 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: 30% Cigar Tax Proposal Defeated!

BREAKING NEWS

Just a short while ago, Pennsylvania senators voted against Governor Ed Rendell's 2010-11 budget proposal to levy a whopping 30% tax on cigars (Other Tobacco Products) in an effort to plug the Commonwealth's budget shortfall.

This was Governor Ed Rendell's second attempt at proposing a first-ever tax on premium handmade cigars for the Keystone State.
Pennsylvania is one of only two states that does not tax cigars, with Florida being the other.

THANK YOU

CRA would like to thank in large part Pennsylvania's senators and leadership and all the CRA members who took time to contact Governor Rendell and other members of the Commonwealth's leadership to express your opposition to levying any tax on cigars.

This important victory comes within less than 24 hours after our victory in Springfield, Missouri where a proposed smoking ban was defeated due to the overwhelming response of local business owners and CRA members!

Go Springfield MO!!!!!!!! And PA! My home state people making me proud in Springfield!
Fear no Evil... Take action to protect those who still survive the sickness..... Commanding General of the NSCO.... The Medic
this is great!
Great news!!! Big Grin
This is my boomstick!
Awesome news!!!
"Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace."
Raul Julia

R.I.P: Angel F. Tamame, Deb Krekovich, John Axisa, Jr.
yeah when do they work on NY? Before my local shops close the doors I hope.

All one has to do is look at Cali to see these exorbitant taxes on premium cigars have a negative affect. The few $ made on the taxes will in no way overcome the loss of revenue due to a few shops closing their doors, rent not getting paid, unemployment, etc.
Fantastic!

BREAKING NEWS

THANK YOU

Great news for us PA guys! Freaking slick Eddie Rendell is quite the jackass IMHO. Hated him in Philly and hate him as the Governor now.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
(07-01-2010, 07:40 PM)Headley Wrote:

BREAKING NEWS

THANK YOU

Great news for us PA guys! Freaking slick Eddie Rendell is quite the jackass IMHO. Hated him in Philly and hate him as the Governor now.

+1 on the above!!!
~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
I saw that today. Great news.